PDA

View Full Version : Hope I don't make anyone too Jealous

BigR
06-29-2006, 11:01 AM
since this is where I'll be in two weeks for two weeks of fun! LOL!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2730919889972130403

8) :lol: :D

toby wilson
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Looks cold...but pretty darn fun! Have a blast R&L!!!

BigR
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
water is in the 50'-60's but air is in the 70'-80's!

LittleL
07-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh no that looks like it could get narly and how come everybody is wearing mittens I should not have watched that :oops:

Actually looks like fun. Can't get in too much trouble on a 7 crossbow right :shock: After watching that definetly packing the ocean rodeo hat for this trip.

kiwiar2000
07-02-2006, 10:52 PM
pretty tight place dude!
but where the hell is seaside astoria?
sounds like one of those songs from The Red Hot Chili Pepper's new song from their latest album, standium arcadium.

BigR
07-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Seaside , OR
Astoria , OR

pretty much diagonally across the country in the NW coast close to the Gorge

I was wondering where that song was from , it rocks!

bryanleighty
07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
yea man.. i grew up there.. just an hour away from Florence ... family lives 30 minutes from the Gorge..

why am I not up there right now?????
i have no frickin idea.

oh well..

I want to go to brazil in September... saving my $$$$ and vacation time for that..

Might head to Oregon for a long weekend in late July or August.. not sure yet..

let me know how all goes with traveling w/ your gear...

BigR
07-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Bryan,
It won't be much of a hassle at all since the only things we'll need to take are kites bars/ lines and harness/ springsuit. You see, I strategically left two boards at my in-laws place last year so that my equipment was always there waiting for me!!!!! LOL!!!! :lol: :shock: :D :o :P :mrgreen:

bryanleighty
07-03-2006, 11:39 AM
super smart!

i might tell my dad to pick up a sheet of marine ply and i can make 3 boards in about 1 hour.. then just poly them overnight and set to roll in the am.

cheap n quick!

just need to bring plates n straps...

heres the deal tho..

i have been doing a crapload of research on a brazillian kite trip. been in conversation with Jeff Weiss.. he is over there for the next 8 months or so.. been in contact with numerous owners of kite-friendly rooms/apts for rent...

for 1500$ (plus airfare) you can go on a tour trip where everything is taken care of.. if you want to go super cheap.. you can cut that cost in half and still have a ton of fun.

I am looking for mid to late september and looking for anyone else that might be interested in joining me. The guy I typically ride with, Dan, cannot get away so I am considering going solo...

BigR
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
You don't have to convince me to goto Brazil, it's LittleL that you have to convince! LOL! :lol: :o 8)

LittleL
07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Brazil sounds very interesting this sept would be tough for us cuz of $$$ but perhaps next year if you decide to go again. I think we would be game for that.

We should get a group to go to Oregon next year it is a great break from the heat and relatively cheap lots of great camp sites or houses to rent. It will be interesting to see how the coast is for kitesurfing it looks spectacular. I love Oregon very beautiful with the contrast of the Mountains covered in snow in the backdrop very cool.

Well we got no boards to travel with but I think Maya maybe be coming with us. Oregon allows dogs at their state park campsites and beaches on the coast and the spit at the Gorge is quite the dog hang out so she can run around like the crazy dog she is.

toby wilson
07-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Bry, I would go if I were employed but then again, I'd probably have to work...catch 22 huh? :D

BigR
07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Yep, life is good ! Flew into PDX late Wed. and went kiting all day at the sand spit in hood river Thurs on the 16m Powered!

Then superpowered on the 9m Fri!

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windAndWhere.iws?regionID=218&siteID=242&Isection=Last+7+Days

Sat, today is shaping to 20-25kts, it is non-stop. At least I'll be in shape for the hurricanes and you'll have to call me BuffR! LOL!

kuds
07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Raul,
Glad you're getting some good wind. How is the launch at the Spit this year? I heard earlier in the season that the water was very high leaving little room to launch/land.

toby wilson
07-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Glad to hear you are getting some good wind Raul!!! Bring some back with you when you come home will ya?

BigR
07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah they regulate the water level too suite their needs, yesterday we were launching almost from the parking lot and this morning they put the plugs in the river and I have never seen the sand spit any bigger than today in all my life!

I am beat from kiting nonstop noon-5pm , taco's, burritto's and quasadilla's at the taqueria with a few margarita's and after a day of 25kts me and Lori are toasty!

Gotta head to the coast over by sunset bch on monday , ( forecast here on Sun for 30 kts ) , and check out some waves and maybe do some downwinders

We even caught up with local FL boy Neil H. over here today catching some gorge hospitality

Maybe we'll be able to bring some wind back with us!

LittleL
07-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Well after getting skunked our last two trips this is great. First and second day launch was a bit sketchy for me but just watched the locals and it wasn't bad at all. Yesterday a huge spit. Looks like they are letting the water back in today.

Kiting is beautiful out here can see Mt hood in the backdrop. Takes me a day or two to get confidence and to powerup the kite cuz lots of poleboardes and kiters but once you get upwind it is awesome. I think it is too gusty for me to learn any tricks out here but still it is awesome riding. Highly recommend this place as lots to do and people are really friendly. Very difficult to get skunked in July out here we haven't yet.

We are going on a hike this morning with my brother and his wife hope us flatlanders can handel the steep pitch. They are "training" for a long trek in the alps- Not sure the hanging on to the kite muscles overlap with the hiking muscle groups so we may be sucking in air on this hike.

Miss Maya but I know Jordon is taking great care of her. She's a sparky dog now.