PDA

View Full Version : Rideable wind THREE DAYS in a row in June

ricki
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
With a bit of luck the forecast will hold and we'll have rideable winds tomorrow as well ...

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KNOTS IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

It is 16 to 18 kts. currently with no squalls in sight!

Skyway Scott
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
:D (Got the afternoon off)

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/marine/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=32080&whend=2&whent=14&metric=0

HIGHFLYN
06-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Yee Haaa~ It was blowing tonight ! Just got in for a GR8 session.

Lets talk about all the sea life that I saw.........Mmmmm Flying fish and Ballyhoo EVERYWHERE. Then there was the small 4-5 ft don't know what kind a Shark. There were a pod of Tarpon that I spooked off a mid break sand bar. Then I was kiting in the Boynton inlet and thought I saw another shark, But as I saw the fin and the boil I asked a fisherman if it was and he said no it was a HUGE tarpon. I said good luck to him and headed back down wind toward Hammock park and thats where I saw a nice 7-8 foot Lemon . Ohhh chit I almost forgot the kingfish that skied about 10 yards in front of me as I work it up wind toward the inlet. It was ALIVE out there, Wind, Waves and Sealife all in crystal blue water ~ You just have to LOVE South FL :D

Two days of wind and looking for a third ~ Keeping my fingers crossed

kiwiar2000
06-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Well, One thing was for sure: Yesturday(thursday) was PERFECT day at Biscayne Bay, although there was a brief sprinkles here and there(put me into a nervous breakdown), everything was all good. It was about 18-20 knots and pretty gusty.
Im 150lb and I think I was a little overpowered w/ my 13 Yarga, u might say??
Anyways, u guys said there was wind today...and I missed it. Shit.
Possibly Saturday, anyone?

ricki
06-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Thursday was the best of the three days for me as well. It blew around 17 kts. here yesterday, Friday, for about four hours. That is until I arrived after work, whoops! I was trying out a new Contra 14 m. It was even a bit light for that. The forecast is for about 5 kts. today, Saturday, but who knows, the thermal winds might come through. If it stays cloudy through there is a lower chance of that happening. It may go down for a few days.

kiwiar2000
06-24-2006, 11:30 AM
yea,
I just remembered: Thermal winds=July
and thats not that far away.
sweet
-Danny

ricki
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Let's hope July delivers some good rideable thermal winds. It happens some years and not in others. Still, we have been doing pretty well so far this summer. A bit above average I would guess. Grab wind when you can.