PDA

View Full Version : For my next trick

C. Moore
06-19-2006, 06:42 PM
I have to try this next time I go out. I tried one before but I was hooked in and I didn't pull hard enough. I was given instructions and I was expecting to do something else. It's on inferno, lets see who can land this first.

http://www.ikiteboarding.com/kiteboarding/articles/motordrive-unhooked-backloop-kiteloop.aspx

JoshTaylor
06-19-2006, 07:00 PM
mm fun trick

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8361/f169nf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9404/f16ndjs26pw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5351/f16ndjs33zo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

try an unhooked kiteloop before you try this trick, or you WILL get worked.

inferno
06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Josh, isnt that an F-18 (or F-16)

Chris ive already begun working on my unhooked frontrolls (Sbends) and i can hit raileys with the board above my head,
the unhooked backroll kiteloop is actually the next move on my list to work on.... i just wish i had a better kite for looping, mine are really fast, but not as good on pivot turns for kite loops,

and oh yeah,

YOU'RE ON!!!!!

C. Moore
06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Bring it on Inferno. Your going to Get Served!! LOL

inferno
06-19-2006, 08:24 PM
:shock:
GULP

Skyway Scott
06-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Get an Ion, it makes the triple backroll with kiteloop a piece of cake.
Just ask E-bone. :wink:
I think its easier to throw a backroll with kiteloop than just a kiteloop alone.
What do you think Josh?

Optionryder420
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
It depends on what kinda loop you want to do... An unhooked backroll kiteloop is an F-16. Kiteloop=kite in opposite direction you're going. Downloop=same direction.

The loop is supposed to make the backroll easier, but you've really gotta be committed...

Don't do what I did the other day... I started an unhooked kiteloop with my kite WAY too low(10 oclock, so about 30 degrees)... that was the HIGHEST most POWERED INSANE kiteloop I've ever done... scared the shit out of me, I bailed out (only to realize if I held on I would've landed it lol).

If you're doing these with unhooked kiteloops, then I'd suggest learning the unhooked kiteloop first, that's the route josh took, and that's the route I'm taking (sbend downloops and F16's are next after I get my kiteloops more consistant). If you're going to do them with hooked in loops, I wouldn't know, I've never tried one...

But for unhooked kiteloops, the best instructions I got were from Billy...

Bring the kite to 11-12, unhook, put both hands on one side of the bar while digging in your edge, when you're about to start the loop you'll feel the pull, you pop off the water.

To get higher on your jump, and your kite lower, start the loop lower IE: kite at 10. Or use shorter lines.

The loop will pull your backroll around I've heard... so you don't need to throw them as hard.

I think a hooked in kiteloop is a TON different then an unhooked one...

http://www.kitefilm.com/video/kiteloops.wmv

The first one is the unhooked kiteloops I'm talking about...

The other loops where the kite is hella low, looks like he's hooked in but on 15m lines.

EDIT: Unhooked frontrolls and Sbends are different Danny, but I believe you're just doing Sbends... and unhooked frontroll... well I've never really do one, at least not one I'd consider a frontroll... it's either an Sbend or a tantrum. Unless the kite is sent that is.

Sbend=Raley with a 360 while extended.
Not to be confused with a 313=Raley with a 360 on your way down with a handlepass.

Kiters need to make up different names for tricks because the comparison between wakeboarding and kiting is different.

tomstock
06-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Backroll definately makes it easier... my theory is that it's because you can't see the kite looping so you are less likely to freak out and drive it right into the water. Also, the kite pulls you out of the back roll. Just remember to get your board under you so you dont land on your shoulder.

I learned kiteloops hooked in, at night :lol: . I dont suggest that... I smashed my ribs a lot in the beginning, knocked the wind out of myself and got hit with my board a few times. Not being able to see the kite helped keep me from trying to stop the loop.

They seem pretty easy now though. I can do both back and front roll kiteloops hooked in. I still need to work on unhooked loops.

Unhooked is definately safer and they look a lot better. Josh's look sweet.

JoshTaylor
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Backroll kiteloops unhooked = f-16

they are definitly harder then a normal kiteloop, if you've never done an unhooked kiteloop, i can garentee your gana eat shit. it does take alot of comitment. there pretty tricky.

the kite doesn't pull you around in a backroll, you've got to make that happen yourself, the kite does help you get around faster though.

i've done both hooked in backroll kiteloops and hooked in, hooked in is easier, but feels nothing like an unhooked one. both feel like completly diffrent tricks

but if your gana try one unhooked you should be landing kiteloops fluently first.

C. Moore
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
but if your gana try one unhooked you should be landing kiteloops fluently first.

But what fun would that be.. I like to try run before I can walk..

E-Bone
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, you are going to be running to the hospital. Either that or into the mangroves to be comforted after DUES are collected.

JoshTaylor
06-20-2006, 12:01 PM
haha yeah man your gana be hurtin then

but hey don't say i didn't warn ya!

C. Moore
06-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Alright.. Next time you guys see me out work with me. BTW Josh, My cam is fixed and it's ready for action.

inferno
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Chris, first one to do this wins a Wendy's value meal

http://www.pkra.info/moves/index.php?rid=1

C. Moore
06-20-2006, 04:25 PM
you are on homie. Now all we need is some wind. Maybe OWC Sunday, some hottie is twisting my arm to go. :D

E-Bone
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
OK, Chris, WTF is going on with your avatar? I know you want to be me, but this is ridiculous.

JoshTaylor
06-20-2006, 05:48 PM
hmmm.. this beting is kind of fun.

anyone down to see if they can throw a bigger kiteloop then me?
anyone besides billy or jay that is!

i think kevin should be in for this one.

JoshTaylor
06-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Alright.. Next time you guys see me out work with me. BTW Josh, My cam is fixed and it's ready for action.yeeeea!! sweet!!

can't wait for that next tropical storm/hurricane!!

C. Moore
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I want to be like the Bone.. HA

inferno
06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
theres no way im letting a 36 yr old beat me to a F-16 :shock:

Optionryder420
06-20-2006, 08:32 PM

I'll give it a go... if it's during some really gusty winds though count me out... (IE: From the low end of my kite to the high end :shock: )

But yeah, whenever man...

C. Moore
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
theres no way im letting a 36 yr old beat me to a F-16 :shock:

You better prepare your self for disappointment. LOL

JoshTaylor
06-20-2006, 11:04 PM

I'll give it a go... if it's during some really gusty winds though count me out... (IE: From the low end of my kite to the high end :shock: )

But yeah, whenever man...YOUR GOING DOOOWNNNN :twisted:

we will have someone watching on the beach to decide who wins.

whoever goes the biggest (highest and most wild) with a kiteloop AND RIDES AWAY CLEAN wins a free meal at chick fil' a or micky d's winners choice.

C. Moore
06-21-2006, 05:58 AM
Alright we have a kiteloop competition in the making. First we have the Junior class and then we have the Mens class. If Scott were still here we could have the Seniors class. :P

inferno
06-21-2006, 06:14 AM
:D nice one :D

Alex
06-21-2006, 08:26 AM
josh
id be glad to take the kiteloop king title from you! sounds good. Later

bryanleighty
06-21-2006, 08:47 AM
this sounds like something that will def require video documenting..

kiteloop comp #1 : the movie

Optionryder420
06-21-2006, 08:53 AM

But yeah, whenever man...YOUR GOING DOOOWNNNN :twisted:

we will have someone watching on the beach to decide who wins.

whoever goes the biggest (highest and most wild) with a kiteloop AND RIDES AWAY CLEAN wins a free meal at chick fil' a or micky d's winners choice.

Right on man...

Am I allowed to use 15m lines?

JoshTaylor
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM
josh
id be glad to take the kiteloop king title from you! sounds good. LaterI was hopin you'd get on here and say that!!
sounds great.

and kevin if you want to i suppose you could... won't help you any though haha.