PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Props

toby wilson
06-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Props go out to Slingshot and Jim Shepherd for replacing my 2003 17M Fuel leading edge, including sending me a window sticker and a T-shirt as their condolences because they know I am out of work!!! VERY cool and I don't know of ANY other kite, board, harness, safety gear or any other kiteboarding-related company that treats their customers as well as Slingshot does.

A HUGE part of it is Jim and of course our good friend Mr. Neil Hutchinson, but Slingshot is one of the only companies that I have come into contact with during my life that treats you like an individual person and customer rather than just a number or a sale...

Rockin' customer service and friendly people has translated into me being a HUGE Slingshot advocate as well as a customer for life...

After all, it's not only the big things (bladder) that are done for you in life that make you feel special and valued as a customer but more importantly those little details (window sticker and T-shirt) that really count!!!

Skyway Scott
06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Toby,

I just looked you up in our system. You are number 23,157.
Please use this number the next time you call.

toby wilson
06-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah Scott, where is my Extreme Kites T-shirt??? You have been working there for over a week now and NO T-shirt!?!?!? :shock: :? :lol: :P :lol: :wink:

But seriously, the comments above do NOT pertain to the shops. The shops are also a HUGE hookup, no offense meant to you or Darryl or WSW, Scott!!!

Skyway Scott
06-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I was just trying to be funny. Since I am not funny, it didn't work :?

Too big a discount for a free shirt :x

JoshTaylor
06-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah Scott, where is my Extreme Kites T-shirt???!yeah wheres mine too?!

Skyway Scott
06-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Let me see what I can do.
I might be able to mail some hats out if someone buys something :)
That way the shipping is free.

I am going out to ride again, right now. I think I have ridden 9 of 10 days or something like that.
It blows here basically every afternoon around 5 til sundown, right around 12 to 17 knots. Pretty nice so far.

Yesterday was 16 knots with an outgoing current at Matanzas, so it felt like 20. It was epic. I was on a 14m Turbo Diesel holding on for dear life.
Oddly, the water is glass flat in the inlet. There were 22 kiters out at one point. One guy was simply awesome -- Jonathan Marsh.. Flexi sponsored rider(on a 132 UG.. of course) Pretty sweet. He was doing all kinds of crazy stuff right in front of the bridge. It would have been an epic photo shoot filming from the bridge with the sun at your back lighting him up. He was jumping as high as the bridge (25 to 30) so only about a kiteline's length away. It would have looked great on film.

Donna got to ride a bunch. I am about to pass out from riding so much (and working). It's pretty sweet :P

bayflite
06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
bladders suck and you get free crappy bladders every time you ask.
last time i had bladder control issues was...when i flew '02 fuels.
just being honest.
l8

Optionryder420
06-20-2006, 09:04 PM
How're those peterlynns?

Those were some badass kites man... I never got to fly one, but just watching it tied to that post... just sitting there... awesome.

bayflite
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
all kites rock.
so does B.P.
http://www.theringmedia.com/ASNEWS/