PDA

View Full Version : wow

kiwiar2000
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
so, Tampa/St. Pete has the most active peeps in this forum, so they get theirselves an EXTRA piece of the pie.
COMON SOUTH EAST FLORIDA!
-Danny[/code]

bryanleighty
06-14-2006, 02:07 PM
damn straight brotha!

:)

none of us have jobs or work while we are at our jobs and we all like to type a lot.
:)

Skyway Scott
06-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I use to be the worst. Now I actually work (ALOT)
(I hope I am still considered a St. Pete guy :? )

bryanleighty
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
you're EAST coast now buddy.

C. Moore
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
The SkywayScott name should now be retired and put on to ebay to bid on. I got a penny, who's in.

Skyway Scott
06-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Nope. I am actually using it here as well, even with customers. :D
Daryl is getting sick of calls for "Skyway" Scott... but hey... its sort of catchy.

C. Moore
06-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I still like it when Brian coined the phrase "MywayScott" That had me laughing for days.

Glad your doing well.

Cypress was good today. I rode with Danny at EB and I lost my kite. Danny got it for me twice. "Thanks Danny, my night in shinning armor"

Victoria came out and rode the ION too and she looked comfortable. I then went to Cypress and it was blowing a steady 15mph. I am now tired and sore, its a great feeling.

Skyway Scott
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah,

I basically scratched Paul Fox's name off of the Ion waiting list and inserted my own name. So, I am third in line and he is now 16th. We get 15 kites in soon :?

ricki
06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
so, Tampa/St. Pete has the most active peeps in this forum, so they get theirselves an EXTRA piece of the pie.
COMON SOUTH EAST FLORIDA!
-Danny[/code]

Yes, true story. St. Pete/Tampa Bay riders use the forum a lot so why not set them up with a section of their own. The Bahamas is moving along too.

There may be a higher density kiters in SE Florida than much of the east coast of the USA. And yet .... helloooo, anyone there?! They were more active with the old yahoogroups "bury 'em with email" approach. Strange.

It's not too late all you have to do is use it. Hmmm.

toby wilson
06-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I have an excuse for my forum addiction, I'm unemployed. I'm either looking for work, riding, or goofing on someone via the forum for some reason or another...

I'll let Scottie pay me $50 on E-Bay to take that horrible name!!! :P :P :P :lol:

You are now dubbed Dragonfly Kite Fears!!! :lol: :P :lol:

inferno
06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
i got dibs on "DP Danny" :lol: :lol:

and on that note, sat is looking do-able

pdfox
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Scott,

Thanks a lot bro! Why even buy or own a kite now? You're going to have people scrambling to have you try their stuff out and scream it out on the forums. It's going to be interesting year of new products and you'll be seeing them first. RRD bow kites, Waroo 2's, Fusion 2's what else is coming our way.

You definitely need to grab a truck load of gear and have an Extreme demo day over here. I might even host a party at the house (Slide my name back up the list).

Has anyone tried out the lightwind attachment points for the bridle on the 15 ION? I would be interested to find out what they thought about it.

Paul

E-Bone
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I tried it on Sunday before the wind went off in about 15 mph. I thought I noticed more power. Of course, the wind was unstable in terms of speed and direction. I'll have to try it again on a seabreeze.

C. Moore
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I have moved mine and noticed a bit more power in the light winds. I really enjoyed it when it started nuking.. I couldn't depower it all the way, but what fun would that be.

-Chris

Skyway Scott
06-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I am hoping it is fun. I am really looking forward to seeing the new stuff and hearing what people have to say about it.
I have NOT flown one of my personal kites since I got here :twisted: :P
If it comes in, I will be riding a 12m RRD proto tomorrow.

toby wilson
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Not even your dragonfly??? :shock: :? :P :lol:

Allan
06-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I am not quite as diligent about checking the forum. I didnt realize Scott moved? Where and what you doing now?

toby wilson
06-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Al, he's in St. Augustine working for Darryl at Extreme Kites...

Skyway Scott
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Just got done with work. Donna is coming up tomorrow and we are gonna ride Matanzas inlet with a strong opposing current. I hope it is epic.
I have no cable t.v., no computer, pretty minimalistic at the moment. I basically work, kite and go to bed.

I miss St. Pete and you guys. I also miss Donna alot (duh!) and I also miss online poker. But, it is very nice here and Daryl is easy to work with and I am learning new stuff, so that's cool. I could do my old job asleep AND on crack! (no challenge and boring)

In terms of west coast, east coast and that stuff. I have lived or spent time in almost every single town in Florida due to my prior research jobs in marine science. I lived in St. Auggie for a year in '89 already. Lived in the keys for a while, Jupiter, West Palm, Naples, Cedar Key (you name it). I was usually in some P.O.S. trailer or just on a dock once (all summer!). It's all just Florida to me :)
I can't really relate to dividing up into parts.

bayflite
06-15-2006, 07:49 PM
scottiebro
what about our journey tribute band?
man...i thought we were tight.
8)
l8r

BigR
06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
hey, they reconstituted that journey band with a john perry clone didn't they?

:lol: :D :shock:

alot of originals have moved about ( me from miami ). still keeping the stoke is what's important. Scott's more addicted now than ever even if he doesn't ride here anymore, LOL! :o :D

E-Bone
06-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Scott, good luck with the wind tomorrow. I am buried at work or I would join you guyz. Rip it up!