PDA

View Full Version : F U Alberto

bryanleighty
06-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I for one would like to say F U Alberto. It is tracking the exact same path that Dan and myself are scheduled to drive...

It looks like now that this late week and upcoming weekend are going to SUCK in Hatteras with the storm taking all the wind with it.

And I've already lost money on my hotel reservation as it required a 7 day cancellation.

First kite trip planned.

First kite trip failed.

shawnwar4586
06-12-2006, 10:55 AM
when it comes to hatteras dont listen to the forecast more than 3 days in advance. And still that dosent even matter the sw blows all the time here in the evening, usually over 20. Ive benn riding atleast 3 or 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks. Theres nowind in the forecast today but it looks like it is building right now.

bryanleighty
06-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Shawn, can you get the inside scoop on what might follow this storm?

Any info would be helpful... I'm all in for making the trip if the wind *might* be there...

but if a storm typically pulls the wind out for a couple days, then I'll have to re-plan the trip.

thanks!

bryanleighty
06-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Decided to not make the trip this time and would like to give heads up to the owners of the Sea Sound Motel in Rodanthe as they were understanding and went out of their 7 day cancellation window and credited back my CC for the room.

Will plan another Hatteras attack maybe in July ....

Going to OWC on Friday if anyone wants to join in!

-B