PDA

View Full Version : 20m Waroo

Jake
06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Anyone have experience with a 20m Waroo? How's the bottom and top end, speed and handling, construction/durability, etc.? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Skyway Scott
06-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Jake,

I am here in St. Augustine (from St. Pete originally).

I have had the opportunity to ride the 16m now on several occassions (including last night). While I was riding last night, a local rider (Jimmy Hill) was also on a 16m Waroo. He weighs about 200. We had about 12 knots of wind. He was doing great (I had to depower the kite at 155 pounds). We have a 20m here today to demo right off of the Best Bus.
My impression (so far) is that the 16m delivers quite a bit of low end power, even for the bigger guys.
It also feels very smooth, and IMO, jumps very nicely.
A good light wind board with the 16m may be all the power you need, even in light wind.. I will try to ride the 20 today if its not too windy. I will also just ask Shannon "Why do you have a 20m Waroo?" :shock:
I am sure he will have a good answer.

Icankite
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I think they are making the 20 M Waroo to pull Eco minded personal water craft users. :)

Skyway Scott
06-11-2006, 04:25 PM
:D Good one.

Here's what I saw and heard in St. Augustine today.
We had light winds (get a 4 foot jump in during a gust kinda day or around 9-12 knots). Shannon Best was on a 16m Waroo. He was doing 4 foot tricks including handle passes. He wasn't on a 20m. Not sure if he had one or not. He rode for about 45 minutes in the afternoon.
I asked him about the 20m Waroo. Specifically, the top end on the kite. He wasn't sure. So, given what I have seen with him pulling off handle passes and Jimmy Hill (big, strong guy) having a great time in 12 to 14, I think the 16m Waroo is probably as big as kite as you will need. :D
At 160 pounds myself, I am pretty powered on that kite in solid 10knots.
IMO, the board is gonna make or break you in these ultra light winds anyway.
Daryl actually rides a 14m Naish Torch as his biggest kite here in St. Augustine and Pat only goes up to a 16m RRD HIR (those are both C kites). They both hop on SS Glides in light wind.

Jake
06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the response and the humor. I guess a 20m it a bit big for a bow kite, but I hate not being powered up. Working a kite is what it is "WORK" and I like to "lock in" the kite and cruise. I guess I'll consider a 16m bow as my next kite.

Thanks again!