PDA

View Full Version : Saturday? Video Day?

bryanleighty
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Heya...

if the forecast for the stronger SW winds on Saturday hold true I would like to see if any and everyone with a video camera (Mini-DV only) can get out to the beach of choice and record everything they can. I can provide tapes and help give some pointers on how to get the best footage. I want to make a montage video of the local riders.. get St. Pete some exposure out on Kiteforum's kitetv site and maybe kiteflix or something..

With our local riders now hitting the national circuit and tearing it up, its time to put St. Pete on the map.

I hope this to be just a tester video with many more Video taping days to occur in the seasons to come.

My thoughts are.. get at least 3 cameras out to a beach filming the action and the riders just hanging out on the beaches.. film ANYTHING of interest.. get some great footage of the riders.. hopefully with the cameras on the riders will be ON as well. Filmers could carry a small notepad to write down any really important catches and note the time (makes my job A LOT easier later)..

still photos can be incorporated as well. I have a couple friends with high end cameras that will hopefully be involved.

I personally am looking to lay down about 4k on a pro-video camera and probably a grand more for waterproof housing.

Worst part is that I want to ride more than film.. (personal problem I am dealing with)

after filming...i'll collect the tapes and dump to my pc and edit down the best damn video my skillz can muster and see what I can come up with.

Everyone involved will get credit of course.. maybe after a few of these sessions there will be enough to make an hour long (or more) dvd to showcase local riders, riding locations, etc.

Anyone that might want to be involved or could voulunteer a camera, let me know..

-Bryan

JoshTaylor
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
i'd like to be in the video. that would be cool... but hopefully it's enough wind for my 7 meter cause thats all i have to ride.

EDIT: my dad has the really nice touch screen handy cam, i'll see if he's interested in filming a little... i doubt he would let me take that thing.

bryanleighty
06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
i have 11/13/15 04' yargas that i usually have in my car if you need a bigger C kite.

just stay away from rocks please.

:P

Skyway Scott
06-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Bryan,

I use to be into filming/editing as well. The hard part (and one reason I don't much anymore) is that I too, would rather ride. However, with another person to bounce ideas off of (we got Chris too with his helmet cam deal) vids. could be fun again. I would like to help. I have a decent pro sumer type DV cam. I can also wade thru footage while capturing it and then save clips to a library for later editing.

What might be good is if the riders all gathered in one spot.

As it gets closer, let's try to get Bill, Josh, Mike, Jay, and any/every one in the same spot. :D

bryanleighty
06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Any and all help appreciated!!

Yes yes on getting our best riders in one spot at one time with great conditions.. abo-frickin-lutely..

my intial plans are really to see how much of a task this all going to be for me to take on myself and see if its something I want to roll with or if a few of us can pool talent and time and see what we could come up with.

Saturday (or next forecasted windy day) would be a "test and see".. hone in the skills and see whats missing and what can be improved.

How great would a DVD per year be for (if nothing else) keepsake value for each of our local riders?

definitely have parts with our top riders going huge and doing insane stuff.. but also our everyday troopers that are out there having a blast ...

Tell me its not amazing on a strong SSW wind to see 40 riders out on East Beach and everyone having a great time.. would like to get that captured on video for everyone to enjoy...

JoshTaylor
06-01-2006, 03:08 PM
how about sections for each rider? like in the rollerblading videos, each skater gets there own like 3-4 minute section, with there own song for there section. Then have some sections of everyone riding

Skyway Scott
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Good idea Josh. We don't want to limit Bryan's creativity and talent tho.

I definitely think ALL should be included at their best. Yeah, we have some great riders, but all people that show should be in it. :)

I have dubs on Black and Blue.. Van Halen.

Optionryder420
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm in I guess... I have no pics, video footage, or anything of me riding... I guess it's about time.

Where will most people be?

Maybe you'll catch my first Sbend.

JoshTaylor
06-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm in I guess... I have no pics, video footage, or anything of me riding... I guess it's about time.

Where will most people be?

Maybe you'll catch my first Sbend.if you need help landing that, leme know i'll give you some tips.

Optionryder420
06-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Only tried it once, didn't land it because my foot came out of my strap... other then that I'm pretty certain the next one will be landed.

Had to stop me and Mikes little downwinder... wind died too much for my 13m fuel and it was offshore... coming over the buildings it was no fun.

JoshTaylor
06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Only tried it once, didn't land it because my foot came out of my strap... other then that I'm pretty certain the next one will be landed.

Had to stop me and Mikes little downwinder... wind died too much for my 13m fuel and it was offshore... coming over the buildings it was no fun.oh

unhooked right?

even still... if you ever need help with a trick leme know.

Optionryder420
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah, unhooked.

When I land it, I'm going to start trying them with a downloop... I've been interested in trying a trick with a downloop.

EDIT:SAturdays forecast looks like it's being pushed back to Sunday.

I'm probably going to ride at Redington or St. Pete beach.

Either day, if it's blowing, I'm going.

JoshTaylor
06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, unhooked.

When I land it, I'm going to start trying them with a downloop... I've been interested in trying a trick with a downloop.

EDIT:SAturdays forecast looks like it's being pushed back to Sunday.

I'm probably going to ride at Redington or St. Pete beach.

Either day, if it's blowing, I'm going.thoes are tricky, you MUST get in the air before the kite loops, or else it's not consiterd a kiteloop/downloop.

thats what makes downloops so hard.

after s-bend, try doing a s-bend to blind with a surface handle pass. thoes look steed