PDA

View Full Version : I'll be darned, Its seabreezing AGAIN

Skyway Scott
05-30-2006, 01:43 PM
I am outta here. Blowing at the beach.

Show up if you can.

Optionryder420
05-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Heading to Indian Rocks, or redington, or madeira...

Wherever I can find FREE parking.

Optionryder420
05-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, I was at Redington from 5-6:10.

Then Mike Hall came and we did a downwinder... I gave up early... not enough wind for me, I was just barely planing and mainly dragging.

I stopped at Madeira beach, where all the houses are, right past the little pier. We were supposed to go to Treasure Island, but there was no way I would've made it.

I took the trolley back, but I had to find some type of "shoes" first.

First I grabbed a plastic bag out of the garbage... that's a negative, baby diaper YUCK!
Next, I cut the sleeves off of my new shirt (my mom's pissed) that's a negative, sleeves won't cover my size 12 feet.
Finally, pacing back and forth on the beach access wooden walkway I look over the fence... SHOES! I contemplated taking them... all the windows were shuddered up... looks like nobody is home, same with the house to the north. I had to grab the shoes... hop the fence, grab the shoes, catch the trolley. But no worries, when I got back to my car, I drove back and dropped the shoes back off. :D

Also, hurt my ankle a little from an Sbend... first one I tried and I got REALLY close...

I'm out, gotta take a shower and write a draft for Comp II

Skyway Scott
05-30-2006, 08:08 PM
That is just plain weird.

Colin and I rode 4 hours straight at Blue Flag. It was blowing solid 18 to 22 knots the entire time. Randy rode with us for 2 hours. It was epic and even better than yesterday. I was on a 16m overpowered the whole time. I just got home cuz we hit a beach bar afterwards to "celebrate" the sesh.

I wonder why it seems to only blow at PaG (actually we were at Blue Flag) lately? I guess the moral is to hit PaG. I have noticed PaG is often the windiest spot on spring seabreezes along the beach. In the winter, up around CLW seems to be windier.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=149&siteID=1428

Did anyone hit backside skyway? and what was the speeds at what times?

toby wilson
05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't go that far Scott, backside was a blowin' today!!! I rode the 25.5 Machine for about an hour WAY powered up staying upwind and having a blast with E-Bone! First thing I do when I get a job is buy one of his patented BONE BAGs!!! Those things rock! Anyway, called it a day after about just over an hour on the water as I got worked and pulled something on the inside of my left elbow. Wanted to ensure that I can ride tomorrow and I bet it blows!!!

Thursday I leave for Boston where my family and I will spend the weekend burying my Uncle. Crap happens in threes so I can just begin to imagine what #3 will be...lost job, bury Uncle, ...

Anyway, I hope you guys get good wind this weekend!!!

Skyway Scott
05-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle. It isn't as bad, but I lost Eli last weekend (my 13 year old best friend, Rottie) Donna and I were both very upset about it for a few days.

Very glad to hear that you guys got wind (for two reasons)
Glad you got to ride and glad people believe me (I thought maybe PaG was it and you guys thought I might be lying about it since other skunk reports came in)

toby wilson
05-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh, it's okay. That's life. I'm very sorry to hear about Eli, he was a very good dog...

E-Bone
05-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Had no idea about Eli, Scott, my condolences.

No worries about the Skyway Scott-cast, you called it right the other day, when PAG kicks on these seabreezes, Backside has seemed to fill in, so I charged right when I saw the PAG buoy jump. Besides, you have to charge if you want to ride. Take a chance and go to the beach is what I say. Why sit around and miss a 2 to 3 hour wind event?

When I got to BS (can we use BS for Backside Skyway?), it was blowing 12 to 15 easy on the ground (yes, I used a meter). There were some times it seemed to get a bit higher. Definitely more wind than yesterday, seemingly 2 to 3 mph more. I rode from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and there was no lull that sent us downwind.

Only problem with BS was the diaper-like stench of rotting assweed (even worse today) and the weirdos. Must be a full moon coming on, because all the weird behavior seemed to reaching a frenzy.

Skyway Scott
05-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I felt bad for a day about Eli, but I am the type of person who rarely looks back (at good or bad) I tend to look forward. Thank you though. He had a great second life (got him from SPCA with heart worms, 70 pounds, he literally couldn't walk, was abused and was not friendly/was aggressive) The first year as he gained strength back proved to be a real challenge, but I knew it was just fear, not true malice.
He ended up a big lovey dovey and very loyal and caring :D
He wouldn't hurt a fly... but loved to rough house with Dakota.
He is irreplaceable, and I won't get another dog. I wanted to wait a week before I mentioned it.

Thanks for the report.
Yeah, today was stronger and more steady at the beach than yesterday.
Moon phase http://capmel.com/moon_phase.htm was a new moon just a few days ago.. they're just whackos!!

How does the Ion feel in stronger winds?
The SP is just insane, even when fully LITT and trust me a 16m RRD ZH in 22 in the Gulf is fully litt :twisted:

Wolfie
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Just wanted to add one more report. I hit up North Cleawater- way north from 3-5pm. The wind started 13-15knts, but toward the end was just about steady 9-10. I need a better low wind board. The 128 just isn't goint to do the job. But still had a few small jumps and a good time!

C. Moore
05-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Sorry about Eli Scott. He was a great dog and he will be missed.

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Thanks Chris.

OMG... is it gonna seabreeze AGAIN?
Anyone who can, if it does, it has been really nuking at PaG/'tow/Blue Flag for 3 days straight. Come on out.

The timing has been right around 3pm.

C. Moore
05-31-2006, 06:39 AM
I will be out at PAG around 3:00. Praying for the sea breeze.

I think I will start a little sea breeze dance to kick it off.

http://i.mynicespace.com/2/203.gif

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Crap,

I really wanted to ride today, too. :shock: :shock: :P :P :?

Hope Napolean didn't scare the wind God's :wink:
Hope it happens and hope you can make it.
It'd be great to see how the Ion does in some good wind... let us pray 8)
(BTW, Blue Flag is actually where I'll be)

We have three interested, young, hot, spectators out there that want to learn about "kiting".
They said they will be there today.. and have a room right on beach next to the beac bar at Bon-Aire. Free drinks and... well that's as far as it goes for me. I only remember Sara....... :wink:
(Donna doesn't care, she knows I am trustworthy) It's still cool getting a free drink just for having a kite tied to your A#$ !!

skempthepimp
05-31-2006, 07:06 AM
If it blows save me a spot at the blue flag Scottie!

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 07:08 AM
I knew the "girlie" lure would hook a few pimps!! :wink:

bryanleighty
05-31-2006, 07:54 AM
yo yo yo...

Blue Flag?? Where is that?

Besides the stench.. BS was great yesterday.. was riding the 12m bow and was powered just fine..
prob a 14 would have been better.. Eric was skying on his ION...

When I got a tack in on his Glide I shot out like a freakin rocket and hit probably the biggest jump I have ever had.. speed = loft...

gotta remember to write that down somewhere..

yee haw.

Optionryder420
05-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Hurt my Ankle doing an Sbend yesterday... plus gotta work today, no kiting :(

Wolfie
05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Were is this mystical "Blue Flag" exactly?

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 10:06 AM
It is North of Undertow about half mile, across the street from the Publix/Dolphin Village :D

Everything is looking good on paper so far for another seabreeze.
I will post when I think it is about to happen.

bryanleighty
05-31-2006, 10:51 AM
ahhh.. just the public beach area there?

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Yep.

and it JUST switched (according to the sensor)
The cam (which don't lie) shows flat water. I am hanging til the camera confirms.

The clouds are moving fast and from s to n.. that wasn't happening the last 3 days.. hmmmmmmm

bryanleighty
05-31-2006, 12:03 PM
i prob wont be able to get out anywhere.. (beach / BS / etc) until at least 5 or so..

Scott.. call me if/when you get to the beach.

Skyway Scott
05-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I am gonna be leaving within the hour :D
THe skyway just swithched to North.. that's the final signal.