PDA

View Full Version : Another one?

Skyway Scott
05-29-2006, 03:58 AM
Yes I am still up (poker has f'd up hours)

Looks good for today. It is currently strong out of N to NE.. yes!
Let us pray for more wind 8)
Today was great (yesterday i mean) I hope it rocks at the beach again. It was SO sweet out there.

Skyway Scott
05-29-2006, 09:44 AM
I still think it looks possible today. Anyone gonna give it a try.

toby wilson
05-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm all about finding some wind. Where you gonna go?

Skyway Scott
05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Currently playing it by ear and watching the sensors every once in a while.

Cypress sounds BAD according to reports.
Prolly the beach (if it happens) Maybe backside, altho were you there early yesterday? and how bad was the space availability for rigging (due to partiers/cookouts)

toby wilson
05-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I was the second kiter there. Victoria went first and text messaged me that there were too many rednecks for her to bother but there was good wind and plenty of water. I went and just kind of made an area for us once my 25.5 inflated and pretty much commands space. People will make room even if you have to pump up on the grassy area and walk your kite around the corner on the beach and lay your lines there. In my opinion, where there's a will, there's a way especially where wind chasing is concerned. I also highly doubt that there will be as many people there as there was yesterday seeing as most have to work tomorrow AM and would have planned their partying for a day that lets them sleep off their hangovers in the morning...Just my opinion, if it blows I am Skyway bound, I don't think I will improve as quickly or as much if I go riding in the gulf *yet*.

E-Bone
05-29-2006, 10:08 AM
It blew NE all morning today at the Skyway. Good sign for a potential good seabreeze today. If it blows, I wil be looking toward Backside or Lido, depends on my mood and direction.

toby wilson
05-29-2006, 10:13 AM
If it entices you at all E-Bone, I'll have both the 20.5 and the 25.5 Machines with me...you are more than welcome to try them out and this may be a great day to do so!!!

toby wilson
05-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm goin. Hope to see you all there.

Skyway Scott
05-29-2006, 12:45 PM
It JUST switched to N at the SW.
I am driving to the beach. Should kick within the hour at the beach, and within 2 at backside :D

Anticipating a future spike at PaG. Any takers on a wager?
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=149&siteID=1600

Skyway Scott
05-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Just got back. It was literally epic. Solid 15+ (for 3 hours) and steady.
Did anyone ride anyone else ride and where? (That sentence sucks, I sleep need) How was it?

I rode the 14m Turbo Diesel and the Super Phatty (can you say heaven?) and Donna rode the 10m TD. It was even better than yesterday was, unreal :P

The more I ride the TD, the more I like it. Very stable kite, good range, unreal jumps.. etc. I feel very comfy on it now.

The more I ride the Super Phatty, the more I think its the best board ever made (IMO for Florida conditions, anyway). :)
I've been searching for a board this good (and a one board quiver) since I started kiting.
I finally found it :wink:

Optionryder420
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I rode IRB, around 22nd ave. There was a kiter north and a kiter south of me. I was there from 3-5pm.

I was on my 13m fuel with 122cm caution board... never really powered up, but always had enough wind to have some fun and at times there was enough to shoot way upwind, although more often then not I was just holding ground or going downwind.

toby wilson
05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Rigged at the Skyway frontside before the wind died, everyone ditched on me so I just broke down, gassed up my car in St. Pete, went back to backside Skyway around 3PM. Rode until almost sunset/low tide/no water on my Magic Carpet and 20.5M Slingshot Machine. Overall a pretty great day other than some crusty old nudist clad in butt floss and a sock hanging out with two other questionable people along the beach in one of the "tree parking areas" near the cove area about 20 yards from a 7 year old.

Rode with several others including E-Bone, Dennis, Jim and one other guy from Massachusetts that just moved here. Others rigged but did not have enough wind or big enough kites to launch. Can't wait for an encore tomorrow!!! No job :x :( and the forecasts that I have seen call for a NE wind tomorrow!!! :shock: 8) :D :twisted: