PDA

View Full Version : flkitesurf.com

Alex
05-25-2006, 04:29 PM
is the flkitesurf website back up i went to it and everything is there except i couldnt login and there are no posts.

bryanleighty
05-25-2006, 04:47 PM
same here.. login does not work..
no point in having that up as this site is here ..
no point in having multiple sites.. i have enough stuff to juggle in my day to day..
:)

Skyway Scott
05-25-2006, 05:15 PM
actually there is a point :D (or two)

Ease of photo load up and a riding section if the site comes back to life (altho NO ONE is gonna be riding in St. Pete til a hurricane :?)

toby wilson
05-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I do confess, I have missed the pictures section. But I think that Rick I is working on that. Rick, is there a plan to get pictures downloaded onto the site more easily? I think the riding section just expands the site and I personally would rather just have everything on one page. But that is just me and others obviously don't want to have to read about someone's school day or that they were fired :oops: or any of that crap. Each to their own, the only improvement I really want is the pics and/or video clip availability but then again, I am not an IT guy and I am not sure if videos would even be a possibility...

E-Bone
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Bring it back is what I say, and let's get the traffic on the site built back up. Like Scott says, there is nothing to do for the next three months anyhow.

E-Bone
05-26-2006, 06:41 AM
When you go back to the site, register first, then you will be able to post. It'z been great seeing you guyz here but I am heading back to the site. Thankz to Rick for being a great host for us here.

Besides, on the flkitesurf site, pictures of Alex pop up every once in a while and I can then summon everyone in the house to the computer and say "Hey, I know that guy. He'z famous!"

bryanleighty
05-26-2006, 06:58 AM
can we get confirmation from admins on the site that its here to stay??

Skyway Scott
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Bryan,

I don't speak for Tom, and he did this unbeknownst to me.. but nothing lasts forever :(

bryanleighty
05-26-2006, 09:05 AM
is Tom back to admin again?

I'm 10000% cool with whatever and wherever the locals go..

i loved the old site and have gotten used to this site..
it definitely was much more organized to have different categories for different topics..

when the season rolls back in.. it will be nice to have the organization of a "lets ride" section apart from the day to day chit chat stuff..

rock n roll!

tomstock
05-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Ok here's the scoop:

I put up the "Lets Ride", "Pictures" and "Classifieds" sections. There is no "discussion" area right now, and I'll probably keep it that way. The discussions can stay here since they seem to be going well anyway.

I really just wanted a place for us to share pics and meet up to ride. I may put up the discussion area some day, but for now I'd rather leave that here... I also don't care to read about school, poker events, unicorns, or assault rifles
:D

I did recover all of the original pictures that were posted in the pictures section and they are up there now.

Its free to use.. but if you don't want to, then that's fine too, no problem.

BTW, I made a mistake during the import and dropped the database. The three of you who registered will have to re-register. sorry about that.

tomstock
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Forgot to mention, we are in the process of adding a paging system... so you can send text messages to the "Lets Ride" forum via cellphone, and receive text messages on your cellphone from the lets ride forum also.

bryanleighty
05-26-2006, 11:03 AM
a huge hearty THANK YOU TOM for all your work!

E-Bone
05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Whoops, guess I am in trouble for already putting poker and unicorn related crap on the site.

toby wilson
05-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Tom,

Anything that you feel comfortable with is cool with me at least and I think I speak for the majority of us too... You are a very valuable contributor to this community and we all respect and appreciate your efforts.

That being said, I think the least we can all do is throw a few bucks Tom's way now after we re-register. If we all chip in, Tom shouldn't have too much of a cost as a result of having to run the forum other than his time and efforts which are very valuable.

IF I CAN AFFORD TO CONTRIBUTE WHILE UNEMPLOYED, THEN ANYONE WHO HAS THE MONEY TO AFFORD THE INTERNET AND PAY FOR IT CAN AFFORD TO GIVE TOM SOME CASH TO HELP PAY FOR THE FORUM...

BTW Tom, is a picture of Stevil Kenevil sneaking into the mangroves with a handful of condoms and an extra pair of underwear tucked in his pocket considered offensive? Will I have my account deleted and my IP address blocked and be reported to my provider? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Optionryder420
05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok here's the scoop:

I also don't care to read about school, poker events, unicorns, or assault rifles
:D

Well, if I can't post that there...

I'm going to Orlando to pick up a Bushmaster AR15 upper...

Much cheaper to just build an AR then to buy one...

Wanna go shooting when it's done?

Stevil Kenevil
05-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Mr. Wilson, your mother would like her pictures back. That was a special night for her...(and she got your sisters panties back!) 8)

toby wilson
05-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Sorry Mr. Kenevil, I don't have a sister...but I DO have a BROTHER!!! :lol: Now what were you doing with his undergarments you pervert!?!?!? :P

And I'm not sure about your Mother but mine doesn't have the equipment required for our local mangrove wanderers... :? :P

Big G
05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Tom,
How ya been, not seen ya in sometime. Hows the sailboat? I baught a larger board and now upwind is a BREEZE! Look forward to seeing you out on the water...

Big G Money (aka sunpac)
Gary

toby wilson
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Tom,

Is the old forum shut back down or is it just temporarily down?