PDA

View Full Version : 15m Ion

Skyway Scott
05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Eric let me ride his 15m Ion today in about 11 to 15. It felt great and is BOMBPROOF for sure. Very nice kite Eric. Stable, good power, good upwind.
I almost pulled off a triple backroll/kiteloop in 12 knots on it. Almost :?

He tried out the Super Phatty by Aggression. This is my just my opinion, but, all in all I think the SP is better than Eric's Glide. It feels like a smaller board while riding/doing tricks and I personally love it, however, it was obvious to me that the Glide is better at going upwind in very light winds. In 10 knots or more tho, I would rather have a SP. Sub 10 a Glide.. but hey.. sub 10?

What did you think about the SP E-bone?....(BTW, thanks for saving my glasses!)

E-Bone
05-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I am intrigued by the Super Phatty. The board planes a lot of water when you need it to but you can hold a ton of power in the board as well. We were in the flat stuff but everyone who has ridden it tells me that it is crazy-good in surf, too. I enjoyed it immensely and wanted one after five minutes on it.

I'll probably pick one up at some point (and go from a 6 board to a 7 board quiver). I didn't fit the footstraps all that well, but that's a simple interface issue that can be fixed. Aggression seems to have found a killer shape in the board, no question.

Skyway Scott
05-20-2006, 09:58 AM
It is definitely sweet. Goes upwind insane (altho not as well as the Glide in sub 11), planes in next to nothing, yet doesn't feel like a big board when wind picks up or when jumping :)

The Ion seemed real nice too. Definitely put together super tough.
I wish I could have "stopper balled" it, cuz that's my riding style, but it sure felt good to me. Seemed very stable. I would like to ride it in 16 to 20 to see what it feels like. I think (unfortunately) those days are gonna be rare starting today :x