PDA

View Full Version : waiter... theres a waroo in my tree

bryanleighty
05-17-2006, 06:38 PM
damn.

double damn.

only minor damage.

but... damn.

i apparently am a crappy judge of distances.

Skyway Scott
05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm not. Billy was up at least 75 feet!!

Optionryder420
05-17-2006, 09:11 PM
So... what happened?

bryanleighty
05-17-2006, 10:13 PM
regarding my waroo: misjudge on a jibe near the beach at backside. bottom line just snagged on the highest branch on one of the southern trees and my kite fell into it. it was just resting there fine.. i almost had the thing completely free when the wind gusted and one branch did a little poke through the canopy near the trailing edge. small 4 inch L shaped tear and a couple pin holes. Venice loaned me some tape and it was back in business .. i will take it down to get it repaired by Keith at Advance Sails as I want it to be done right.

I consider myself VERY lucky.

regarding Billy and Jason: HOLY SHEEEIT dont try this at home kiddies. They were doing the "Lets pull the guy on the turbo disel really really really fast behind the jet ski and see how high we can go" game. Jason hit in the 40 to 60 feet range.. Billy probably another 20 above that with at least 4 kiteloops and a board grab in one jump. IN-FREAKIN-SANE and I didnt have my video camera.

toby wilson
05-18-2006, 06:07 AM
The backside has claimed many a kite Bryan...don't feel too bad, it got my 8M Fuel a while back. At least noone was hurt.

I think Albe was there when Jayson and Billy did the jetski/bowkite elevation deal with a video camera, maybe he will share his footage of it...

Skyway Scott
05-18-2006, 06:50 AM
That'd be cool. I think he only got the last one by Billy.
Bill's second was by far the highest of all attempts by Jay and Bill.
The four heighest attempts by both guys all seemed at least 50 feet to me.

Unreal stuff.