PDA

View Full Version : Is it blowing over there right now, or am I just jonesing?

E-Bone
05-10-2006, 03:55 PM
WTF is the 411?

BigR
05-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Did anybody HIT THAT?

It seemed to be screaming 15-16kts over here , unfortunately I was stuck cause the electricians re-wiring the house......... :oops: :shock: :D

tell me somebody hit that SW/W????

E-Bone
05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Tomorrow is the day. I can feel it in my bonez.

bryanleighty
05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
thought i saw scott at cypress @ 4:30 when i was heading home from work..

going in early AM tomorrow to catch some afternoon if it holds..

anyone going to backside skyway??

Skyway Scott
05-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Yep,

That was me. I was on the new Super Phatty with a 16m, believe it or not.
Wind was ultra light (WNW there), but it was a great day to test the low end on that board. I was in shock that I even rode in that low of wind.

I hope tomorrow is good, I will hit the beach if it is :P

toby wilson
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Scott, how does the super phatty compare to the MC? Ridability, going upwind, jumping, weight, turning, etc?

Skyway Scott
05-11-2006, 12:53 AM
There is simply no comparison. That's why I recently sold my MC to buy the Aggression.

I'd write more, but on two tables right now.

Skyway Scott
05-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Okay...

No concentration necessary at the moment.

The biggest difference is that the board has next to ZERO drag.
It's unreal how little power is necessary to make it get up and go. It feels much smaller than the MC and behaves like a much smaller board in general. It is very quick to plane and a very fast board (no drag).

I was prepared to be impressed (cuz I rode it in PR.. but.. I was just blown away yesterday.... in 9 to 11) This board can save you money (at least at my size) because my 20m is now USELESS... I am not even exaggerating.
I see zero reason to put up a kite bigger than a 16m with this board at my size.. total waste of time.
I think a bigger kite (even in 10 knots) might actually work against you because it is a little slower and won't point quite as high upwind. There is ZERO chance the MC would have worked yesterday with a 16m. I give it 30% of going upwind as high as I if I used the 20m.

I don't think it will be my all in one wonder because it is SO fast when litt and I was LITT when it gusted to 11.. UNREAL.....(maybe it will.. time will tell), but, no doubt, its an unreal light wind machine. :P

IMO, its by far the best light wind board I have ridden.
It doesn't feel like a plank, it feels like a kiteboard. It doesn't spray you or bury its nose or require "getting use to it". That's my personal favorite when people say.. "it takes some getting use to".. then you'll like it.
This board just rocks in light wind. I hopped on it and rode it, like any other board. Thing is, it honestly felt like a much smaller board in much higher wind.. weird.. cuz it was barely blowing.

Eric, prepare for some friendly light wind challenges :D