PDA

View Full Version : I got owned.

Optionryder420
05-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Deleted post

toby wilson
05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Dude, this time I know I am speaking from experience that you don't have. Lose the attitude, put your nose to the grindstone and study man. You admitted to not studying, you deserved to fail. Your boss won't warn you in a real job before he fires you and college professors don't care enough in most cases to warn you because they have so many other students who are trying. Just remember that those are the things your teachers are preparing you for bud. They are doing it for your own good.

E-Bone
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I got an F in Humanities. That's explains why I am such an INHUMAN kiter. Bwahahahahaha!

Optionryder420
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Deleted post

BigR
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Dude,

Isn't there a college angst forum to post on anywhere?

j/k LOL! :lol:

Optionryder420
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
This isn't it?

E-Bone
05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess it is now. No worries. Next time you put up the wrong size kite, we'll know why.

JoshTaylor
05-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I guess it is now. No worries. Next time you put up the wrong size kite, we'll know why.haha owned agian

toby wilson
05-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I see, as long as you get it right friday, no worries big guy!!! Just nail the books until then and ace it!!! I am more than happy to help, I wasn't bad in math in school...but only if the wind isn't blowing, I think this cut is okay to ride with as long as I use new skin, tape it and use gloves!!! See you all tomorrow with the MACHINES!!!

E-Bone
05-11-2006, 12:02 AM
After thinking about this, here'z my take. The one last chance is not for you, it is for them. You've bitched enough that they are now willing to give you enough rope to hang yourself.

If you blow off the make-up exam, no one can blame the teacher, it's all on you. That's the better outcome for administration, obviously. If you submit to the exam and you pass, that works for them too. It gives administration an argument to justify passing you over the teacher's objections. For the administration, this is not about you. It's about their own internal issues. No one cares about you except you.

So take the make up test, pass it, get the class over with, and move forward. No one cares about you except you, so if you blow off the test as a style move, no one will care. Then you will likely get stuck retaking the class, now or later, and missing some sessions as a result.

School isn't all about smarts. A lot of it is just a filter to weed out those who can't deal with the bureaucracy or maintain some stability for a few years. I had sick grades in college and law school. Not one employer has delved beyond the existence of my degrees, however. Once I could show that I had a certain degree, that was it. No one wanted to see my grades or class ranking, much to my chagrin.

Why? Because once an employer learned I had a degree, the employer then knew I would probably stick around for a while, that I could commit myself to long-term goals no matter what.

I will say that good grades are really important to getting into good 4-year and graduate programs, so if you can get As across the board, do it now.

Pass the test, let us know once you pass it, and let's get back to kiting.

Optionryder420
05-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Deleted post