PDA

View Full Version : Bummer of the year award

toby wilson
05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
This hand really sucks! The cut was so deep that it STILL hasn't closed up even after 9 days of pampering it!!! I have NEVER had a cut heal this slowly, I would usually AT LEAST have a scab covering the cut by now but this is getting ridiculous.

That being said, I give the bummer of the year award so far to Jim for having to sit out this long through shoulder surgery and recovery. I can't believe how great of an attitude Jim has toward having to recover, I wish I could be that patient...BREAK OUT THE SUPERGLUE because if this thing isn't pretty much healed by the weekend, I'm riding anyway!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

bryanleighty
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
My avatar awaits you and your bloody hand.

inferno
05-08-2006, 01:06 PM
toby after you meet his avatar can i have your 25.5?

toby wilson
05-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Now THAT'S a good one Danny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, does anyone know how well it actually works when you superglue it together? I have heard from several people that they just pulled their own stitches and then glued their hand together with superglue. Does it work?

BigR
05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Neosporin makes it heal alot quicker

inferno
05-08-2006, 01:34 PM
super glue would work under normal conditions, but id bet all my kites that it wont in yours, consider the amount of force on your hand, the pulling of the skin, as you grab the bar and pull on it, dont try it, youl regret it when it rips open
sorry

toby wilson
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Raul!!! Where can you get that stuff? Is it cutting edge medicine? I have never heard of it. Is it some kind of pill you take or something? :P Good one though. :lol:

Seriously though, I have been using this Bactroban Cream that the doctor prescribed me but it just moistens the cut and lets it stay open. I want it to scab so it starts to heal. This really sucks, the doc told me 10 days to 2 weeks, looks more like 3 weeks right now...

Yeah, yeah Danny I hear ya, I have that trip to Hatteras to think about July 16th - 25th and it would really suck if I couldn't kite while I was there...it's just driving me NUTS not being able to ride on the few days that we actually get wind!!!

Oh well, at least it happened in the spring/summertime and not when we start getting our cold fronts in the late fall/winter!!! 8)

Unimog Bob
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Toby,
Sorry to hear your hand isn't progressing as quickly as you'd like. Give that sucker a chance to breath! while your sitting around unwrap it and take the bandage off for a while. If there is no sign of infection ease up on the creamy stuff. Cover it back up with new dry dressings when you go out. Hope to see you out there agin soon

Bob

Big G
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
No one has said it so I guess I will....

Give that hand a break and switch hit for a while. Your other hand will thank you for the break. :shock: Dooooeeeeee!

Big G

toby wilson
05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
It's not the same goin' lefty!!! :shock:

I have had it uncovered since I took the dressing off at the Undertow party last Friday night. I haven't been using the cream anymore either since it has been exposed and uncovered since Friday. I tried putting on a little bit of the cream today while at work but nothing extreme. It's just gonna take time I think...