PDA

View Full Version : N E 1 Going to Texas to watch Bill Kick A$$ ??

Skyway Scott
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I think I can go. Is anyone else up for it?
If I can go, I am taking video camera(s) and getting as much footage as possible. If you guys don't already know, we have an AWESOME video editor (in addition to Gordon) in our group.. Bryan Leighty.

He (hopefully) could edit any footage I (we) get on the trip. Of course, we could do some riding of our own too :D
Just don't try any of Bill's tricks, cuz I don't wanna see any hospital footage in Leighty's vid :shock:

BigR
05-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Corpus is an awesome place to ride this time of year, 25kts from April till July

Two day car ride tho'

Getting thru LA + TX takes all of one day!

Skyway Scott
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah,

I lived in San Antonio for a few, and have done the drive both ways about 6 times.
I did the math. Its cheaper to fly, especially if you add one night's stay at a (cheap) hotel.
I am 90% to go, looking forward to it. :P It is definitely a high chance of wind there, every single day!!

So, you guys had great wind yesterday, good. Just glad the Donster and Lori (and you, I guess :evil: ) got to ride.I messed up and got obsessed with (,,,,,,). Oh well.

bryanleighty
05-08-2006, 09:53 AM
whats the dates of the event?

If I cannot make it, I am willing to loan my video camera to responsible individual. Never hurts to get more coverage.

Skyway Scott
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
http://www.xratedkiteboarding.com/events.htm

Supposed to be a boardercross race there as well, and other stuff (I heard from another kiter)

I have not confirmed that, (or anything in my life, let alone this) but heard cash prizes were HIGH.

JoshTaylor
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
i'm going along with them to compete in it also. :D

bryanleighty
05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
who's going to this? I may be able to tag along now that my other trip got pushed back..

-B