PDA

View Full Version : tow in surf - episode 1

moylemuncha
05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
well we hit love beach break last night for the first official tow in session. Head high sets with slight on shore breeze. 4 regular surfers out there - didn't recognize any of them but they sure were grumpy about sharing the lineup with a jet ski. Old fashioned hippies I guess?

So anyway - Mateo was a star - the fact that I was trying to teach him (from the end of a ski rope with a lifejacket pulled over my head) to maintain a constant speed whilst holding a circling pattern, then choose the biggest wave of the set and try to launch me in the impact zone all the whilst driving his jet ski in between huge crashing waves and razor sharp reef..... and 4 angry surfers.

Hmmm, note to myself, get an impact vest and helmet for both of us and...........Considerring they probably don't teach this kind of stuff in Banker's school back in Switzerland - must reasure Mateo that I am really not out to get him.

cheers buddy

balloonboy
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Can't say I blame them. I curse off the ones that come by Go Slow that chop the place up.

And don't even mention the ones that cut you off on Cable Beach.

Jet Skis- bah! :evil:

Matteo
05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
No tow-in classes in school in Switzerland but I'm going to work on it and next time we hit love beach it will be a totally different story !! I wish we could have been there with our kites...I bet those surfers would still be there looking for their jaws !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anybody has an old long board on sale ?? Mark, if you want me to try I better start with a big ass board !!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

PrayFaWind27
05-06-2006, 05:57 PM
The way the weather is looking, looks like I’m going to need
Some lesson too, Mark, DAMN YOU SUMMERTIME!!! :twisted: :evil: