PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell Alex Fox...

E-Bone
05-03-2006, 02:48 PM
...that I have his SS bungee. He left it attached to my harness on Sunday. It's in the Element of Surprise so I'll get it back to him as soon as I see him.

Skyway Scott
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
That might actually be mine. We swapped that waroo SO much that day and Sat. that we played musical leashes. Either way, if you have it next time I see you, I will take it and figure it out. Thanks.

Why are you posting? Are you stuck working too?
Damn, I put in notice to quit my job but am now working more. How did that happen? :shock:

E-Bone
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I am posting because I am toast. I kited 3+ hours Monday, 3+ hours Tuesday, lit the whole time, jumping the whole time. I just got back from the gym and I feel like crap. Besides, my new kite should get here tomorrow so I am going to wait until tomorrow to charge, probably.

Skyway Scott
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
NO... don't tell me that. You have CHOSEN.. (not had the decision taken away from you).. whether to kite or not! Man, I am jealous.

I am stuck here all night (no choice). Got class in 20 minutes and watching the sensors spike :evil:
At least Danny and others are nailing it, so the wind gods aren't wasting their breath.

Optionryder420
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck working too.

Scott, where are you going to be working now?

bryanleighty
05-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Ebone.. what did you pick up!?

Skyway Scott
05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah Eric, what'd you get?

Kevin, my 1.3 year goal (not this school year, but following one) is to be teaching again. I hope to teach math and science to 3rd and/or 4th graders. I love math and science and am hoping that 4th grade is a good choice. I remember my 4th grade math teacher vividly. She was great. Her name was Mrs. Orr. She gave all the kids alot of self-esteem and instilled a love of math in myself and others. I hope to do the same. My main concern is that I won't have the energy it takes to keep up with them. Time will tell.

My short term goal (about a years' worth) while taking classes to become a teacher is to influence adults in a negative way by taking some of their money using probability skills learned in math class and playing Omaha Hi (poker) full time :twisted: :?

I hope that one full year of cards will get it out of my system,if it does not, Donna will literally string me up by my #$%^s :shock: and all plans will be off :oops:

Man, back to another class til 10pm. 4th graders also don't take night classes. (Do they?)

Optionryder420
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Where do you hope to teach?

I know around here, in grades 5 and below we didn't have specific teachers. It was one teacher all day long, then there was an art and music teacher along with PE teachers and that's it.

DEFINENTLY don't teach middle school or highschool unless you want the cut-ups in class (I'm guilty of that), Elementary school is a good choice... 3rd and 4th grade seems PERFECT.

Good luck!

I'm probably changing my major now... I was thinking Mechanical engineering or aeronautical... but I'm now thinking Architecture (seems a HELL of a lot easier).

E-Bone
05-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, byatches, just got back from the sesh. It was blowing 10, so I rode my 9m and the Glide. Toby is my witness and so is Paul.

15m Ion will be here tomorrow.

Skyway Scott
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah,

Paul told me. Wow.....

15m Ion. Lucky dog!! Very nice.
I am gonna wait til next season to buy a kite, can't rationalize it right now considering wind is on downswing and I have a 20m.
I could rationalize a better light wind board though and its on it's way, soon :P

Kevin,

It may be different for sure. It also depends on private or public and what state, etc. These are all things I will be checking out during the coming school year. I hope to shadow as many teachers as I can and pick their brains and watch their styles.

NO WAY I would do middle school, way too tough. Teaching of any kind is already hard enough.

bryanleighty
05-03-2006, 09:16 PM
sweet purchase Ebone!!

cant wait to see it in action... should be a sick kite.

you'll be riding that in 2 knots ..

toby wilson
05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Yep, 'Bone was rippin it up in VERY light winds!!! I love my UG but that Glide is a great board too! I pulled out the 25.5 Machine to check it out tonight and can't wait to ride it in no wind and a buddy on the beach who had chili for lunch!!! :lol: