PDA

View Full Version : TAMPA BAY KITER CELEBRATION at THE UNDERTOW

C. Moore
05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I just got this from Jayson Orkins.

FRIDAY, MAY 5th - CINCO deMAYO - 6:00 PM

5 local kiteborders have achieved huge accomplishments this month which deserve celebrating.

Congratulations to:

BILLY PARKER
- 2nd place PKRA kickers and sliders Comp in Coche, Venezuela

MIKE HALL and TIFFANY SCHRADER
- Graduation from Massage School on 5/4/06

VICTORIA JOHNSON
- Graduation from Nursing School.... finally :0)~

JOSH TAYLOR
- Now sponsored by Cabrinha Kites (so I guess now Josh's username is gonna change from Slingshot05 to Cabrinha05???)

COME CELEBRATE CINCO DE MAYO WITH US AT THE UNDERTOW ON ST PETE BEACH ON FRIDAY AT 6 pm. BRING YOUR FAVORITE KITE VIDEOS TO PLAY ON THE BIG SCREENS !!!!!!!!

SEE YA'LL THERE,

jayson

toby wilson
05-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds like a blast!!! Congrats to all who have made these recent accomplishments!!! See you all there!!!

JoshTaylor
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, i'll definitly be there

and this is my new username btw haha

shawnwar4586
05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I might be getting a job at real for the next 6 months. I already had 2 interviews and there just checking on insurance but other than that I should have a coaching job at real till november.

bryanleighty
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
ill be there w/ some guests..

question.. parking at undertow..
any place beyond their tiny little lot??

i typcially dont go there due to no parking..

Skyway Scott
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Great idea Jayson.

If parking becomes an issue, you can go North about a half mile to the public beach parking across from the publix. We nickname this Blue Flag beach.
Lotsa people park there and then walk to the Undertow.
Maybe we could "carpool" at least the ride to Undertow for several people and then they could walk back to Blue flag when they leave at the end. I hope to be there at 6 and can give rides for awhile if you park at Blue Flag (if no parking at the 'tow or closer by)

Skyway Scott
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Tiffany and Mike Hall JUST graduated. They both did an awesome job here at school (I was one of their teachers)

Bill was here to watch Tiffany and Mike graduate.
Eric- he needs 5 steak dinners. Seriously, he lost some weight cuz of the heat/locale.
I am sure he will have lots of stories to tell at the 'tow.

From the sounds of it (Bill is humble) I am guessing he is gonna do very, very well next comp (freestyle). I would bet on him placing top ten in a heart beat :D (Anyone actually want to take that bet? )
Sounds like there were approximately 80 riders at the Coche comp.

Should be a fun time at the 'Tow. Again, great idea Jayson.

BigR
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I think he may have been handicapped b/c the wind was light which favored extremely light weight 15 year olds.

Woulda been a different story had it been howling 40+kts

E-Bone
05-04-2006, 12:54 PM
No worries, I got the hook-up planned out already. Billy will be fat again by the time he rolls out of the steakhouse.

Yeah, and I'd like to see Billy in a comp with it blowing 35. Everybody would be shitting bricks if they saw Billy lay down the terror the way he does here when the wind gets heavy.

Skyway Scott
05-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Well,

Silas Dent's is just up the street :idea: from Undertow.