PDA

View Full Version : Best session testimonies!

PrayFaWind27
05-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Any kite boarder that reads this, i would like for you to post
the best session you ever had kite boarding. All the local riders it's a must
that you Testify all riders far and near are also welcome to share.

BigR
05-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Best Session I ever had kiteboarding east of Florida::::

hmmm....

That would have to be the day AJ and Shuman ( yes you Shuman! ) took me and my wife down to South bch to lay down some wicked moves in 20kts on our 16m xbows! Awesome spot, just grazing over inches of water then sending it for the mega-sky! You da man Shu! :D :) :lol: :o :P

ricki
05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
There have been so many over the years with each great or unique for different reasons. Still, last Saturday was pretty fine.

Saturday was perhaps the best day in the last year for Delray Beach, FL in my estimation. The wind was sideshore averaging in the low to mid 20 mph range gusting into the high 20's. The waves were head high or better at times. I was on a 12 m Switchblade and it was just about right for the conditions. The kite seems to really like more powered conditions. At one point a fairly wide area opened up with calmer waters bounded by forming swells to the east. So you could accelerate through the calmer area and boost big off forming swells during a rising gust if things timed out right. The jumps were around 35 to 45 ft.+ You would just hit the wave ramp and be way up there in no time drifting along, sublime. It went on for hours like that. I didn't even burn in and eat it badly, much. At least not until the next morning but that's another story.

What other singular sessions have folks had out there?

mocean
05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
anytime I get to ride is rad.
I like it when we are all out together riding in a big or little group.
and then we come in and say how rad it was to be out there.
any day riding at blue hill when the wind is east 15 to 20kts and the tide is coming up is like finding GOD.
I just wish that the loclas that use the place would keep it cleaner.

::aj::

PrayFaWind27
05-05-2006, 06:48 PM
BigR, that day was bad ass, for real, it is always a pleasure to ride with
out of towners and locals a like, watching other styles you can
always improve on your own.
I agree with Rick, there’s been so many over the years, but there’s one day
that will forever be engraved in my mind and still brings a smile when
I think back at it. Years back when those 3 hurricanes hit FL back to back
well , they produced some wind and waves that I haven’t seen since,
Club med was the spot, 15- 20+ NE I was on my ex , 8m North
Rhino, the water inside the reef was butter flat but when you pass the reef
the waves was way over 10ft, so we had the best of both worlds, launching
of those waves I had to be reaching heights of 40+ ft, what sounds sweeter
than the sound of the board sliding across the water then complete silence when
your in the air, that day I had a smile from one side of my face to the next
a family member could of pass away that day and still I was going to be happy.

Matteo
05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Me too, I had more than one awesome session. I can easily recall one of our first downwinder from Yamacrow to BlueHill (tks again Mark for keeping an eye on our stuff !!!) it was just perfect, flat water, constant wind and most of all.....we were riding there for the first time. Hey, do you remember that guy on his canoe ?? He looked at us like we were just coming from the moon !!!!

Club Med for me it's like a playground for a kid. I started there, I stayed upwind my first time after I don't even remember how many "walk of shame" I've done. Club Med rocks especially when we get those "hurricane" days in summer !!!

But if I could choose where, with what kite and on what conditions I'd have to say: Go-slow with 3-5 ft waves, my 7m Halo and with 20+ NE.

PrayFaWind27
05-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Metteo! I deserve a slap cross my head for forgetting that day, when me, you
and Roger did that down winder ( yeah Mark, thanks for watching our stuff ;-) )
that day was definitely one for the history books, DAMN!! I can not believe
I forgot about that, that day has to be hand and hand with that day at Club Med. I was on the legend, my 15m Best Yarga, the wind was like SE 15-18knots, I could be wrong about that but
I do know it wasn’t a strong gusty day, riding over water that is soooo clear
it looks like your riding on sand, and when I flew through those 20ft wide canal
and Roger was right behind me, the water in those canals was flatter than butter flat
,more like glass flat and smooth, the Lab rat didn’t make any sound, it was
like I was riding on air, I still can remember the look on those resident
faces when we came flying through and out, you could swear they saw
a UFO. That guy on the canoe was so shock and amazed he even took some
pictures of us and posted it on his website, I can’t remember exactly what he said in his post, but it was something to how
amazing we looked.