PDA

View Full Version : BoneCast for 5/02/06...

E-Bone
05-02-2006, 08:30 AM
The BoneCast is starting to look good. I think we are going to get decent seabreeze again today. I suspect it won't be as righteous as yesterday's session but will still be fun and worth charging. See ya there!

Skyway Scott
05-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Good luck today.

bryanleighty
05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
holy shiznit ebone. you got it right .. again.

i didnt partake in yesterdays adventure.. but today i let loose my brand spankin' odd colored waroo 12m wind-creating device and hit PAG with fury unleashed. 2 big tacks and i was just a few meters south of the Don.

HOLY CRAPOLI.

I have never ridden that far upwind that fast.

I did have a moment of fear as i self landed the waroo and it didnt like it and took a sideways turn and relaunched inverted.

i flew it gently to the edge of the window and self land worked ...

whew.

its burnt yellow w/ blue leading edge. my 9 came in burnt oragne w/ blue leading edge. best says they are 'limited colors'... me thinks they ran out of pink and black.

boo ya.

E-Bone
05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, lookz like the BoneCast was dead on. I rode for 3+ hours lit on my 9m. Did a million jumps, it was insane.

Keep an eye on tomorrow.

Congrats on your new kites. Hope you like the colors, if not, screw it, it is the shape that matters and they seem to have the shape right, no question.

bryanleighty
05-02-2006, 08:15 PM
nah.. im happy w/ the colors.. little variety goes a long ways in my book.

the orange of the 9 is pretty sweet.

crossing fingers for tomorrow!!

-B

bryanleighty
05-03-2006, 08:32 AM
damn.. almost forgot to mention...

I was out at the most northern tip of PAG..

first tack out and i look down to see a group of stingrays.

very cool, i thought.

skip to 20 minutes later and I'm just finishing a turn from the beach, cruising along and see a HUGE dark spot in the water. I thought it was the shadow of the kite, but was not moving..

did someone sink a VW bus here?

Nope.

Adult manatee just sitting there. I was right on top of it before I really realized what it was. It was just inside the swim zone in about 5 or 6 feet of crystal clear water.

I kited next to it a few more time over the next 10 or 15 minutes.

Never saw it surface, but i could track it by its "bubbles".

groovy.