PDA

View Full Version : Sir Billy Da Man!

Neil 1
05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I just got word from the PKRA that our man Billy took 2nd place in the slider/kicker part of the tour. pretty ****in cool. He is proving it! Cheers all, hope you had a good windy weekend, Neil

E-Bone
05-01-2006, 12:39 PM
That's awesome news, Neil! He is sick to watch, that's for certain. We are spoiled around here, getting to check out his sick movez almost every session.

bryanleighty
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
from http://www.caribbeanwinds.com/competitions/coche06/

The contest included one kicker and two sliders: a large “A” frame slider and a slightly smaller open ended slider. Riders were judged 50% on the kicker and 50% on the sliders. The judges were looking for speed, lower kite position and power when performing over any of the obstacles. More points were awarded for the larger A frame slider and ideally a trick would be performed while on the slider, rather than when jumping off at the end. Riders were also awarded points for the stance used over the obstacle, more points for a 50/50 or sideways stance, and less for a frontside or backside stance where the board was perpendicular to the slider. Per the PKRA rule book, helmets were required and kites had to be unhooked and without leashes when going over the sliders or a rider would be disqualified.

The men battled it out into the waning hours of the afternoon, jockeying for position to an obstacle, sometimes drawing gasps from the crowds from a missed slider attempt. Great efforts were given by all including the Richman brothers (Cabrinha) from Hawaii, who had never competed on sliders before, local Felix Martins (North) who had the home turf advantage, Aaron Hadlow (Flexifoil) who was positioned for a top place finish until being disqualified for wearing his leash on a slider, as well as Elli Zarka (Wipika), who with his signature shout, showed no fear “going for it” over all the obstacles.

The finals came down to four men, Peter Tyushkevich (Cabrinha), Billy Parker (Flexifoil), Jan Korycki (Naish) and Ruben Lenten (Slingshot), whose ankle had stabilized enough for him to compete. All displayed great guts going for each obstacle, but with the lighter winds of the day, it was a challenge to get the power needed to successfully navigate the larger sliders. Peter was on fire, blazing across the sliders securing first place, with Parker and Korycki coming in a close 2nd and 3rd, and Lenten, having crashed into some of the sliders pretty hard on several attempts, coming in 4th.

Men’s Freestyle Final Results:
1st – Aaron Hadlow (Flexifoil, UK)
2nd – Alvaro Onieva (Best, Spain)
3rd – Kevin Langeree (Naish, Netherlands)
4th – Cesar Portas (North, Spain)

Women’s Freestyle Final Results:
1st – Kristin Boese (Best, Germany)
2nd – Julie Simsar (Liquid Force, Turkey)
3rd – Angela Peral (North, Spain)
4th – Vicka Soloveykina (Cabrinha, Russian Federation)

Men’s 2nd Discipline: Sliders Final Results:
1st – Petr Tyushkevich (Cabrinha, Russian Federation)
2nd – Billy Parker (Flexifoil, USA)
3rd – Jan Korycki (Naish, Poland)
4th – Ruben Lenten (Slingshot, Netherlands)

Women’s 2nd Discipline: Sliders Final Results:
1st – Kristin Boese (Best, Germany)
2nd – Julie Simsar (Liquid Force, Turkey)
3rd – Vicka Soloveykina (Cabrinha, Russian Federation)

Skyway Scott
05-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Awesome.

bryanleighty
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
And that Kristin Boese is really dominating women comps. I think she won nearly all pro comps last year.. took home the overall title for women and just joined that BEST kite team. Good interview with her in one of the recent kite mags.

How soon until the Billy Parker signature boards are available?

Where can I get my name on the list??

-B

bayflite
05-03-2006, 05:36 PM
all hail BP
8)
l8r

JoshTaylor
05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
yeeeeaaaahhh go billy!!!

E-Bone
05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I am inspired, so my say to Billy is this--I am taking you out for a fat steak. It's time for him to get some local hook ups for representing this town so well at the PKRA.

mickeyd
05-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Hey...
Just gotta give Billy P props. Watched a short vid of him at sunset on kiteflix.com and was immediatelty inspired!!!
I watch him talk to the camera and shout out "alll the guys he rides with in St Pete's" instead of trying to be all core and drop names---I got the feeling he really gets it and is not about the hype. And obviously the guy is an amazing rider. He's the guy I'll be pulling for and I hope to see him on the water someday.
Mike
Banff Alberta

toby wilson
05-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah man, Billy rocks, he is one of the nicest guys in town, never too good to help out or encourage a newbie, is just a genuinely good guy and is a COMPLETE RIPPER!!! I have a few years on him (in age only) but find myself looking up to him......both in the way he treats others and when I am looking up, up, up while he is catching HUGE airs and doing tricks I have never seen before and making my eyes pop out of my head and my jaw drop!!! Bill rocks and deserves all of this respect he gets both locally and from all over the world!!! Don't worry Mike, you'll see PLENTY more from him and all us locals will be remembering the 'old days' when we got to watch him tear it up for free!!!