PDA

View Full Version : The Obvious

Skyway Scott
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
IT ROCKED today at the Skyway.
Solid 15 to start (around 7am) and then the switch got hit around 11. Waves of 25+ (up to 35) came through every 20 minutes with averages of 20 most of day. Mainly 10m weather.

Eric, thanks for the Waroo demos for everyone. Once I got use to it I could jump that kite (and land) pretty well. It definitely has unreal range and great upwind ability. Allen said he thought the 12m Waroo had quite a bit of power. It sure looked like it, to me. I was hoping to ride it, but he had to leave.

Cool to see the different bows out there today. GK, TD, XBow, Switchbade and more. Got to ride most of 'em too. Great demo day (b/n friends)

To top it off, made my "work quota" in less than 30 minutes with two monster hands and 5 stupid callers :roll: to triple up quite quickly :P

Hard to ask for a better day. (OMG... Dave Thomas just showed up and gave me a year's worth of gift certificates to Wendy's..... what's next!!? ...... )

bryanleighty
04-29-2006, 05:44 PM
what / where do you play Scott?

I hit pokerroom.com all the time.. low stakes stuff.. holdem' ususally.

I just joined the amature poker league (aplone.net) that has games all around the area (for points).

i know you are in it for the cold hard cash though.. :)

and yes.. today was freakin great.

Skyway Scott
04-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I play a couple sites. I play ten handed Omaha hi tables at 100 buy in, mainly. Play 2 or 3 tables at once (fold ALOT) I only play premiere starting hands, and after the flop, I am either in it hard, or out. Not much in the middle. Usually play for 3 hours and try to double or triple up on two tables and then stop.

I also play short handed NL holdem tourneys. Sometimes 10 a day, when bored with Omaha. Currently playing 3 tourneys (mainly for fun and maybe make another 50). 20 dollar buy in tourneys. I place in about 40 percent of tourneys played.

I will play for peanuts, I love it so much :D
My screen name is WWIINNDD on party poker.
I play almost every day, if you ever want to do a search for me.

OH baby, just got KK. came two hearts guy went all in on flush draw... missed. LOL. Now dominant chip leader in one tourney. :D

bryanleighty
04-29-2006, 07:15 PM
its the bad beats that kill me.. i bet on tables where people bet more money they are not apt to stay in for the river as often as they do ...

i go to the hard rock and play 1-2 holdem and NOONE folds.. some bad beats man. frustrating.

i play 5 and 10 dollar sit and go tourneys and place in about 1/2 of them. just enough to win as much as i lose. cant seem to get ahead.

:)

BigR
04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
That sounds like cool ChillinKKKKKK!!

"stead of cards I play some stocks, talk about cold hard cash!
Thats an easy 3000 or not depending on your day!

Maybe I should try an extra card hobby...........

Skyway Scott
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
That's pretty good. I play very tight aggressive in my tourneys.
Guy calls, plan on going all in. You gotta set, oh well, I lose.
I only play AK, or JJs or better til it hits 4 handed. Then I steal a few and blah blah.

I just had my set sucked out to a flush draw on the river
Odds..... less than 14 percent. I put the guy all in. Lucky bastage. Luckily he had a small chip stack.
Thats why I only play tourneys in NL Holdem. Swings on money tables are way too big for me to stomach. Omaha is a game of "the nuts" and I try to make sure that I am holding or have an excellent draw to them.
Yeah, Hardrock is more like bingo. Pot limit, or preterably No Limit is the only way to go, IMO.

No more poker talk allowed on forum :shock:

Skyway Scott
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Stocks are just outright gambling. Count me OUT!!

E-Bone
04-29-2006, 07:39 PM
If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere.

No worries on the Waroo demos. It's nice to simply hand off the kite when I need a break and I had no shortage of takers today. I am Alex Fox's new sponsor because I owned every part of his kite and harness today, although he supplied his own custom Aggression kiteboard. I am going to make him wear an "E Bone's Bar & Grill" rashguard if this keeps up.

What a day. It was a pretty amazing feeling to throw kite loops while jumping today--a first for me--with a few powered jumps and loops toward the end of my session. I need to give Jayson thanks for teaching me how to progress to the kiteloops over the last few weeks. The next step is unhooked, I guess, so I need to buy some more Advil. Thanks to everyone else, as well, for tolerating my excitement about my new tricks when I brag about my mad skillz.

Even better than some new moves today was the friendliness and generosity that characterized today's session. I've made a lot of great friends through this sport and there is nothing better than laughing with you on the water while we are throwing down and representing--WEST SIDE!

Eagle
04-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Epic day!

Wish we could have one or more a week then we'd all be kings in paradise.
All in all a great day, met a few new faces, made a few new riders :D and nobody got their gear stolen.

The only thread of gray in an otherwise great day was getting a hernia.
I'm calling it the big boost to board grab to hurtnia. Just to confirm it was a hernia I went back out for another session and felt better while riding and worse when it was over. Wearing the waist harness super tight really helped reduce the pain, until I jumped. The diagnosis appears to be an uninsured hernia.
Anyone else had this happen?

Optionryder420
04-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Damn man...

I'm getting SOOO close to sticking my unhooked kiteloops everytime.

When the wind would die down, I'd throw them :D

Landed them , only rode one away though, the other one I tried ended up not putting my left hand back on the left side of the bar so it kept looping and I couldn't regain control fast enough... into the water the kite went.

Getting stoked, and sunburnt!

toby wilson
04-30-2006, 09:24 AM
I had a tearing feeling in my gut at the end of that week of wind a couple of weeks ago. At first I was afraid it was a hernia but upon feeling for a lump and not finding one, just chocked it up to being a pulled abdominal muscle. Yesterday as I was getting my hand stitched up I spoke to the ER doctor and he informed me that only hernias in the advanced stages form lumps, the hernias in earlier stages are just small tears in the abdominal wall and nothing is poking through yet. He did say that exercise is good for it though, especially...you guessed it, crunches or sit-ups!!! So kiteboarding SEEMS like the perfect way to cure it but he also warned that it would be easy to tear it worse if you fall hard... You may want to take it easy until you feel better Bryan...