PDA

View Full Version : Cuaseway to Cypess

Big G
04-27-2006, 07:50 AM
We'll try and make it happen today. After riding your Underground Chris I'm heading to the shop today to pick my new FLX 152 so I can use it for todays ride. I'll pick you up today at Cypress around 4:30 and we can head over to the causeway in my truck. It should be an ecxellent ride back to Cypress.

Big G
04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
That ride was great! First D-Winder and it was wonderful. I was warned about the rocks up by Rusty Pelican but I had to go check it out for myself.....YEPP! They were right....its called Rocky Point for a reason!

Unless you ride from the causway over to Cypress like a few of us did today, you'll never have to worry about the water hazard. However, if you do launch at the Tampa Causway and ride over, stay clear of the poles near Rusty Pelican. There is a huge island of oyster beds. Tide was high today so they were not visible howver when my kite landed in the water, I found myself attempting a relaunch while balancing on jagged and sharp oysters just under the water surface. This hazard is huge and not a place to have to relaunch. I think the over downwinder was great and will do it again but I do put a few new scratches on my FLX52 on its maiden voyage.

C. Moore
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Well I got the toe checked out with an x-ray and it wasn't broken, just dislocated. :shock: The Doc numbed me up and popped it back in to it's place. It should be good to go by Sunday.

So my DW with you Gary was with a dislocated toe. now you know why I made the run pretty fast. I would have had a better time if I would have seen that big ass piece of concrete before kicking it. Crap happens.

I will post the x-ray later so you guys can say "god damn cmoore!!!" I am just taking it to the next level in Kitesurfing. Toe Jam surprise.. 8)

skempthepimp
04-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Thank da lawd for small favors. I had serious guilt trip issues on that one. :D

E-Bone
04-29-2006, 05:14 AM
WTF is happening to Team Ele-Mental? My right big toe has been broken since February when I kicked a rock (not on purpose) while bitching my gear around.

We are just a bunch of old, hobbling, washed up kiters, I guess. At least we got bass in the vehicles, though.

C. Moore
04-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Skimp.. No worry about it. Shit happens.

Ebone.. this is just a small set back for team Elemental. We will come back and dominate the scene again.

-Chris

C. Moore
04-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Here is the X-ray.

http://myspace-662.vo.llnwd.net/00696/26/60/696740662_l.jpg

E-Bone
04-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Ouch. I think I got off easier in some ways with a mildly displaced fracture that did not compromise the joint space. That must have hurt when they shoved that toe back in place.

Team Elemental will be back and soon. Everybody better stay out of our way when we return to dominate the scene.

C. Moore
04-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Ebone.. Pain is all in the mind. Well the liticane sure helped before he pulled it back in place. :)

Big G
04-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Dude,
I'm glad to see you removed your toe ring for the x-ray.