PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot bladders...uh...nipples

RushMarkRush
09-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I have four 2004 slingshot one pump kites. It seems slowly but surely, all the nipples are letting loose of the bladders and leaking, almost as if a timer is built in to start them leaking. I have replaced all the bladders in my 15 FUEL, which was not any fun at all by the way, and now my 19 has two struts that just blew the nipples today. I guess it is a matter of time before my 11 and 17 do the same thing? Has any one else dealt with this disturbing problem? The dealer has sent me replacement bladders from AIRTIME but should the guts of a kite fall apart like this? It is a real pain when trying to get in some ride time.
SLINGSHOT..... what do you have to say...I doubt this is a coincidence.

RushMarkRush
09-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I have four 2004 slingshot one pump kites. It seems slowly but surely, all the nipples are letting loose of the bladders and leaking, almost as if a timer is built in to start them leaking. I have replaced all the bladders in my 15 FUEL, which was not any fun at all by the way, and now my 19 has two struts that just blew the nipples today. I guess it is a matter of time before my 11 and 17 do the same thing? Has any one else dealt with this disturbing problem? The dealer has sent me replacement bladders from AIRTIME but should the guts of a kite fall apart like this? It is a real pain when trying to get in some ride time.

ricki
09-04-2004, 09:33 PM

I would normally refer you on to Neil Hutchinson but I suspect being in Ft. Lauderdale, he is out of touch dealing with Hurricane Frances at present. I vaguely remember reading something like this a while back about the bladders but that is about all. What does your retailer say?

In years past various manufacturers have had short term bladder difficulties with certain production lots. As a rule, no bladders shouldn't fail in the fashion you are describing. Fortunately, the retailer sounds like he supporting you.

ricki
09-04-2004, 09:33 PM

I would normally refer you on to Neil Hutchinson but I suspect being in Ft. Lauderdale, he is out of touch dealing with Hurricane Frances at present. I vaguely remember reading something like this a while back about the bladders but that is about all. What does your retailer say?

In years past various manufacturers have had short term bladder difficulties with certain production lots. As a rule, no bladders shouldn't fail in the fashion you are describing. Fortunately, the retailer sounds like he supporting you.

RushMarkRush
09-04-2004, 11:29 PM
The crew at WATERSPORTSWEST have been providing great service with no problems other than having to reinstall the bladders...which they offered to do also.

RushMarkRush
09-04-2004, 11:29 PM
The crew at WATERSPORTSWEST have been providing great service with no problems other than having to reinstall the bladders...which they offered to do also.