BigR
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
The Contra is better than the V4 series, definitely more power

Skyway Scott
04-26-2006, 11:51 AM
:? I have ridden both.

inferno
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Scott, being lower aspect, they should have more pull then my 21 nemi correct, im thinking of selling my nemi for somthing with more low end and ive seen a few V4's for less then $300, im not looking for anything high performance just better low end compared to the nemi that i can ride up to 15-16knots which i dont think is good for my biggest kite,
and raul i would get the 23.5 contra but they run around $500 if not more
and yes scott your opinion does matter :wink:

BigR
04-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I know last year the 23 contra's were selling new for $899. But I can only use it from 9-15 kts then serious overpowerage! Scott Alex and Paul have used it in like 9 kts as well ( I think it was 7-8kts when Alex used it ). You R welcome to try out my 23m anytime I'm @ da' bch. I would reccomend the 19.5 contra instead if you could find one 500 or less. range on it is like 11-19kts and much faster + bigger jumps.

I don't think the V4 is gonna compare in raw power nor upwind ability since it is lower aspect than contra

Or , U could get a 16m Bow kite wich will be the same power almost as a 19m C kite!

my 4 qtrs worth

Skyway Scott
04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I think the 21 Nemi is about as much pull as you need (see below) IMO, get a better board (if possible). I can't express how much I believe that the board is more important than a kite (tenfold)

Dr. Shane was recently on his 23m Contra and his 157 UG WT (around 190 lbs.)
He was holding ground, doing okay.
He then came in, hopped on Dr. Bruce's 15m Fuel and switched to my Magic Carpet (for half hour) and then to the Barn Door by Aggression (for half hour). He was screaming upwind and jumping on the Barn Door and doing real well on the MC.
I can ride the barn door on a 15m (in 11) much better than having a 23m kite and so-so board in 13, that simple.

Its obvious to me the place to put the cash is in a great light wind board. :D
I have seen over and over and over, ad naseum the effect of a great light wind board in marginal winds.
I would keep the kite, and buy that guy's MC off of ikan't.
You will never regret having a killer light wind board, trust me.
BTW, the Barn Door by Aggression is unreal (better than the MC, IMO)

BigR
04-26-2006, 01:01 PM
The Barn door definitely gets up on a plane even earlier than the MC will

Boards more important than kite for sure