PDA

View Full Version : going old school this summer

mocean
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM
watching mateo ride my old school hammer directional board made me realize that he learnt somthing from his trip to the place where it all started .

you still get the same vibe from riding and 5.5 surf board that you do riding a twin tip wake style board you just need to get out there and ride.
I love my cabrinha surface to air board and I wish they would bring out some more like that.
rather then not go in the up and coming light winds of summer I'm going to rip it up old school and get my jibes down.
I think that this summer is going to be a good 1 wind wise it just feels diff than it did last year. (feels good)
anyways see you guys out there , whatch out for crazey peter and his gnarley wife on there new globerider kite he looks like he needs plenty room and the right of way no matter if he's on port or stb tack.
aj

BigR
04-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I love my 5.5 Surface to Air, awesome board! too bad they don't make them like that anymore.... :oops:

aj, to get your jibes down on it , just transition to toeside on it first when you jibe and then switch your feet after the jibe. with the bow kites you'll never miss a jibe b/c the power is soo controllable

later

R

Matteo
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
In Maui I've seen a lot of people riding surf board and they were having a blast of fun. The other day when we were all out and struggled to stay upwind with small board I decided to test ride AJ surfboard. It's fun, it was nice to be on a surfboard and try to jibe, maybe it's a good opportunity to get our jibe dialed in for the next winter. In Maui I was riding in between 3-5ft waves and it felt good, fun, it was just different than riding back and forth. So, who's got an old surf board for me ?? Ah, by the way in 10k you can't really do much on your twintip anyway !!

mocean
04-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I will give it a go this weekend the wind is going to be good but I have some bigginers down so in between there brakes I will give it a go.
looks like the wind is going to be honken (we will see)
today I had to wait for 2 masive thunder heads to pass over before I went out but the tide went out to and I couldn't be botherd walking over the reef with a 16m sb.
mabe cabrinha will bring out a new surface to air board with all the hype on riding waves going on there mad if they don't.
aj

PrayFaWind27
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
I can say without a doubt that out of all the local riders
here there isn’t anyone that loves Kiteboarding the way i
do, so why, I’m the only one that thinks. kiting in light wind.SUCKS! and
would not waste my time and you guys are having a
blast in crap wind, can someone tell me whats
so good bout riding that long,long board just riding
back and forth, back and forth, no power and no sweet airs. I’m
not a fan of riding waves maybe this is why I don’t like
surf boards, but they are sure sweet to jump off ;-)

moylemuncha
04-28-2006, 06:22 AM
I am shooting to be at Goodman's for 3.30 - 4.00 pm today if anyone is looking for company