PDA

View Full Version : Grey Van?

shawnwar4586
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Did anybody come to my house looking for me today in a grey van. Because somebody tried to take shit out of my truck in my driveway. They said they new me and they were taking my new underground. Luckily my sister pulled up when they were here. She told them to leave and nothing was stolen.

BigR
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
I would advise adding a cap to your truck, five finger discounts are too easy when there is nothing separating them from their prize. Plus it cuts down on UV exposure to your expensive equipment

shawnwar4586
04-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Usually it dosent sit in the back of my truck. I got home late last night and forgot to bring it in. Whoever it was had to know where I live they told my sister they were looking for me. Also you cant just stumble on to my house Its kinda hidden.

C. Moore
04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
wow.. that was lucky Shawn. You need to becareful.

slingshot05
04-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I would advise adding a cap to your truck, five finger discounts are too easy when there is nothing separating them from their prize. Plus it cuts down on UV exposure to your expensive equipmentYeah i'd definitly get one of thoes shawn.

I'm getting one for my truck when i start driving, so i can leave my gear in the back of my truck during school and head straight to the beach after.

I can't wait :D

shawnwar4586
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I wish I had the money for one but I dont. I am just glad my sister came home when she did.

E-Bone
04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Dudez, I got this pimped out new grey van and it is the shiznit.

I'm gonna be getting a new board, too, despite a recent setback in my plan to acquire one.

slingshot05
04-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Dudez, I got this pimped out new grey van and it is the shiznit.

I'm gonna be getting a new board, too, despite a recent setback in my plan to acquire one.haha nice one E

Stevil Kenevil
04-20-2006, 01:53 AM
I would think the roll n lock would be way more secure than a cap.very lockable vs. very visible I got so sick of putting my gear in my cab when I went somewhere, that I had to get a Kitemobile.Buy a cheap car and you will have a trunk to stash the goods.Got a Wet ass....no problem, hop on in! Make sure your boards fit nicely also, its a requirement on any good kitemobile.

Shawn-
I know that Supafly Cheap Pimp Ridez has a nice Taurus for only 12,500, Its a great deal and totaly pimped.14 inch rims, 4-40 air cond.,Casette deck,its loaded. The interior/carpet is a Sandy color with a hint of green(Muck at EB?) Big Pimpin is in your future, Big Man! Want me to put in a word for ya?

BTW-call me tomorrow.

Optionryder420
04-20-2006, 09:51 AM
There's nothing that can really hold gear that isn't easy to break into in the back of the truck.

Most of those fiberglass ones just take a little drilling and that's it.

One of these on the other hand...
http://www.ezrideronline.com/images/CamLOck.JPG
Will work wonders for storing gear.

toby wilson
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one of those to store my light wind 2M kite, xtra small harness, pump and 122 board... :lol:

Kev, you'll fit maybe one board, one kite and a harness in one of those...if it were like 3x bigger, it would be a great option though IMO...

And by the way, E-Bone bought that van right out from under my nose...he said he needed it more that I did...something about a place for his mangrove buddies to hang out in that he met from being pulled in the mangroves 'accidentally' by his kite...

J/K Eric!!!

E-Bone
04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am serious about the mangroves being hardcore. I won't even go in there to take a leak. The last time I thought about doing so, I saw used asswipe, condoms, and broken panes of glass on the ground. No reason to get hepatitis or worse from that sh*t.

toby wilson
04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Good call E-Bone...glad to hear you didn't make balloon animals out of the used condoms or squirt guns out of the syringes... :lol:

Optionryder420
04-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one of those to store my light wind 2M kite, xtra small harness, pump and 122 board... :lol:

Kev, you'll fit maybe one board, one kite and a harness in one of those...if it were like 3x bigger, it would be a great option though IMO...

And by the way, E-Bone bought that van right out from under my nose...he said he needed it more that I did...something about a place for his mangrove buddies to hang out in that he met from being pulled in the mangroves 'accidentally' by his kite...

J/K Eric!!!

Seen the inside of those?

Maybe you can't fit those HUGE kitebags in them, but I know I could fit 3 fuels into them with their breifcase type bag and 2 boards. You can put all your other stuff in the back. Nobody is going to steal your pumps... they may take a harness, but they're not that expensive.

Those boxes are bigger then they look.

BigR
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
<but I know I could fit 3 fuels into them with their breifcase type bag and 2 boards>

If you take the time to fold them up carefully and all, I like to just roll up my kite and throw boards and kites all in a bunch in the back. Fold them up later when I have time. Also , you can use the cab for truck camping which is great!

toby wilson
04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
That reminds me, I was thinking the other day that my pump is getting old. I went out to EB to shop for one much in the same manner that E-Bone is shopping for a new board...maybe the next time I ride with Kev I will hit the jackpot!!! :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Optionryder420
04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Jackpot being 113gr. FMJ?

:lol:

Well, my pumps are staying inside the cab from now on...

But seriously, shawn, if someone wants to steal your gear that bad, the only way you're going to stop them is by either bringing it into the house while it's occupied, getting one of the stainless steel cases, leaving them in the cab, or just being very watchful.

Even then, it's still likely for stuff to get stolen if the person wants them bad enough.