PDA

View Full Version : This weekend - Flexifoil Demo in St. Augustine

bryanleighty
04-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Damn.

Just when I thought I knew exactly what kite I wanted (waroo 12m) here comes Ebone saying that the Flexi Ions look mighty tasty too.

So I dig around and am getting the vibe that they are all that and a bag of chips. Per the guys at Extreme Kites, they fly as well as the waroo, have better construction, have 1 pump system, and cost just a few bill more if you get the kite w/ bar.

Timing couldnt be better as the Flexi folks are going to be in St. Augustine for the weekend with their kites on hand.

Anyone heading over?

I'm considering it...but not 100% sure if I can get away..

http://www.flexifoilusa.com/products.php?c=water&p=ion

-B

Unimog Bob
04-12-2006, 12:50 PM
It sounds like a great kite and if you can get one without a two month wait that is a plus. I don't know abou the few dollars more thing though for the for $100 more than the price of the 15 ion w/bar you can get a 16 waroo w/bar and a 9 waroo to round out your quiver. The only troubl e being you can't get them unless you've been on the list since Xmas.

The Bobber
sitting and dreaming

Skyway Scott
04-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I would be going over to SA if the wind looked like it was going to happen (but I think I am fishing instead with the flat water opportunity)

Demoing gear is definitely the way to go and Extreme has demos on a regular basis with the reps visiting their shop frequently. Plus, Matanzas is just gorgeous as is St. Augustine in general. I was lucky enough to work there in SA about 10 years ago (its windy man.. windy!!) and windsurfed there what seemed every day.

I just talked to Daryl (Extreme) a few days ago and have a 15m Ion in the works myself.

bryanleighty
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah.. when I said a few bills I meant $300 bucks.. this is what I was quoted for a complete w/bar 12m Ion compared to a complete 12m Waroo. And you are 100% correct that those few hundred dollars could be tossed back in with another hundred or two and you got yourself 2 Waroos.

Cool thing is that both kites use a very similar bar and both kites can be flown with pretty much any standard 4 line bar... you will lose the depowerability, but if this is not something that concerns you, kite only is all you need to buy.

That guy rippin it up on the 12m Waroo on the pulley yesterday at the SW is a great example!

From what I have seen, the Waroo is a finely made kite, but I do know that the construction level for the Flexifoils are right up there with the top of the class, if not the leader. Add the single pump and hot damn its a tough choice.

If anyone makes it over.. (I am not going to be able to go).. please let us know what they think of the Ion.

I put my name on the Ion list as well.. they should be in stock soon.

-B

hazmat
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Skyway Scott long time no see...

what you riding these days?

hazmat

Skyway Scott
04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Bunch of stuff. SS, RRD, UG.. getting an ION and Aggression board soon.
Good to hear from you, Matt. Its been almost 2 years I bet.
I bet its nice and peaceful in Sarasota. Checking some places out over there and in St. Augustine :D I quit my job recently, so I can go where I want now and just play poker 6 hours a day :P