PDA

View Full Version : Tues DP

inferno
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
who is in for another epic DP

toby wilson
04-10-2006, 02:26 PM
If I wasn't already aching like crazy all over and wasn't going to do an afternoon session today, I might have taken you up on it but after this afternoon, I'll probably be lucky to be walking in the morning!!! :shock: :D

bryanleighty
04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Myself and Dan will be there.

this afternoon / evening session was da Bomb!

inferno
04-11-2006, 04:51 AM
im leaving now

bryanleighty
04-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Another beautiful AM session.

Was plenty powered on my 13m... could have used a little more kite tho...

Who's going this afternoon!?

BigR
04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
:D :D :D

toby wilson
04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
I'll be at EB around 5:00...

bryanleighty
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
On a strong NE or ENE, is EB a good place to ride compared to the skyway?

I would think you would get a gustier wind over there compared to the clean wind at the SW...

I know that if you are starting out or not heading upwind consistenly, the skyway should be avoided. I stayed out of there until I was confidently riding upwind.

inferno
04-11-2006, 01:28 PM
i havent found it to be any gustier at EB, i dont think the bridge alone messes up the wind that much, the days it is gusty at EB, its probably gusty at SW as well, when the tide is high enough i prefer EB over SW unless i want waves or if its a sunny sat afternoon, then the SW has more room

bryanleighty
04-11-2006, 01:36 PM
groovy.

the other big deciding factor for me is :

10 min drive to skyway
20 - 30 min drive to EB depending on Traffic/drawbridges/etc

inferno
04-11-2006, 01:44 PM
yeah, same here, only 40min or 55min :shock: , ill be at EB wed DP, since its more from the east, lots of flat water to have fun on, plus i like having grass to pack my kite up on instead of sand, drives me crazy :?

toby wilson
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, there wasn't much water at EB yesterday but regardless I am sticking to it today and will probably try and time the wind pickup if it isn't already honking out there to avoid a repeat from yesterday on my Machine. My 15M Fuel should do the trick once it picks up or even my 11M GTO if it REALLY gets going...

Stevil Kenevil
04-11-2006, 09:15 PM
The Skyway is not a good place to learn(or teach),especially the west side of the North rest area (aka the cornhole or backside) I have seen inexperienced pilots get worked there several times recently.Kite eating trees and man- eating men are 2 other reasons to stay away....
On the East side, the beach looks big and inviting to set up a kite and launch, but the reality is, that there's not much room for the "walk of shame". Its too easy to get blown downwind and run out of beach. There are big nasty rocks down there waiting to eat a kite or to kill you.
There has already been a kite cross the road in the past. I would imagine that if it happens again, we will not be riding there anymore.
With the rapid influx of newbies around here, we ALL need to work extra hard to keep things as safe as possible.