PDA

View Full Version : kiting holiday Florida October

twirls
07-17-2011, 08:00 AM
hey guys planning to go on holiday to Florida in October...Im going with my family so I was wondering where is the best spot to be...I want to be able to kite and cable depending on the wind but also there has to be nice beaches,sunshine and restaurants for the rest of the family.
Is the wind good in October?, Where are good cable parks? Is it warm that time of year?
thanks safe kiting:p

BigR
07-17-2011, 09:51 AM
The only two cable parks I know of in FL are Ski Rixen or McCormicks North
of Ft. Lauderdale and East of Tampa respectively. Both areas have nice beaches, sunshine and restaurants. It is still pretty warm that time of year.
The windy season does not start until November so unless you get a tropical
system roll through or a very very early cold front there won't be too much wind. Word of caution: many of the beaches in the in the Ft. Lauderdale area
are under many municipal restrictions so adhere to any kiting bans/laws in place on the east coast. West coast is a little more relaxed but officials there
may be considering kite rules along the beach areas as well

ricki
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
BigR summed things up well. Weather seems to be changing so you may luck out with some good conditions, or not in October. The Keys have a bit more wind than the mainland often enough due to pressure gradient conditions, have lots of restaurants, some nice beaches but no cable parks. Some folks will take you out by boat wakeboarding however. You might like it down there if you vacation in the southern part of the state. As with most other areas in the southern part of the state, learn what restrictions exist in an area before kiting there. Have a good trip!