PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Tree Removal In Cocoa Beach (520 Slick)

GoodBreezeKiteboarding
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
If you ride the 520 Slick in Cocoa Beach....then please come help out!

Good Breeze Kiteboarding has been organizing with Keep Brevard Beautiful and the City of Cocoa Beach to coordinate another Brazilian Pepper Tree Removal. I have talked with them about our launch area and asked them to help us out. We will be focusing all around our launch area and across the street. These are invasive species that happen to block the wind. This should make riding the Slick a lot better! We will be working Wednesday 3-9-11 and Thursday 3-10-11 7:30 am to 11:30 am both days. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come help out. I will give any participants a free T-shirt and 20% off any purchase at the shop! Let me know if you can make it.
321-613-3737
Billy Bosch

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
That's a very worthwhile project Billy, and thanks for stepping up to make it happen!

This is a perfect example of a proactive approach, and looks like this one will be a double bonus for kiters since the launch site is getting some attention as well.

I may try to zip over there for a day and help out if I can work it into my schedule. My chainsaw is hurtin' for a tune-up, but if there's access to a generator or electricity(?), I could bring a couple of sawzalls with pruning blades- they make quick work of taking out those peppers trees and their roots in tight quarters.

Things like this are what kiters should be doing everywhere to make a difference in the community and to help earn the respect of officials. Make sure to get some before and after pix and make notes of your "service hours" in the community. May come in handy for us all one day.;)