PDA

View Full Version : GCKBC is done!!

C. Moore
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
The race is over!! I am glad we held out for the wind. I will write more tomorrow on the race events but here are the results.

http://www.gulfcoastkiteboardchallenge.com/

KenBrackins
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I was registered last time and waited most of the day then and again yesterday. I was there promptly before the 8am scheduled meeting. At the 9am meeting you guys said: "If it doesn't go off by noon we will cancel" I waited till noon and saw the flags being taken away from the beach so I packed up and left-as did many others. Next time please put your dry erase board by the bench in front of bathroom (or somewhere) and give a written update.

C. Moore
12-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Ken,

sorry to hear about your ordeal yesterday. I am very sure we said at the captains meeting to meet by the car at noon for an update. We broke for lunch at 12:00 and posted it on the whiteboard at the car with all the information regarding what to expect if there wasn't any wind by 1:30.

Again sorry for any lack of communication you received.

-Chris

Steve-O
12-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Ken,

Thanks for coming out to support the event.

It's unfortunate the wind didn't cooperate with the schedule.

A sign was posted at 12pm with all information at the location of the Rider's meeting. Chris and I hung out to answer any questions regarding schedule.

Suggestions are certainly helpful and encouraged. We are volunteers here working towards a great cause. We have families, jobs, and lives like everyone else. We worked all through the night to make this thing happen. A thank you goes along way too.