PDA

View Full Version : Egmont Sensor Repairs...

tog0713
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
It appears that the problem with the Egmont Iwindsurf sensor relates not to the bird crap which we cleaned off. Jeff the techie at Iwindsurf thinks the station took a lightning strike which has fouled up the electronics. He is sending me a replacement panel. We have arranged with a fishing guide to take me out to climb up and try to switch out the panel. This process should take a while for the gear to get here and to find a calm day to go out and climb up the tower covered with layers of bird crap. However, with some luck we should have it fixed in a week or two.

Regards,
Tim

Unimog Bob
11-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Are you sure it isn't working?
I know it has not been on iKite for a while, but it has been reporting to PORTS with no break in reporting for a long time.

I just thought that iKite didn't have the link or something.
Do they know it's now called (for about 2 years) C-Cut?

http://co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/ports_screens/tbscreen.shtml

tog0713
11-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Today on Iwindsurf.com the sensor worked fine all day long. However, through the week it gave inconsistent reports and showed zero wind for long periods when we were getting a small breeze from the East. Could be it fixed itself. I hope so. I don't want to climb up the rickety tower with rotting ladders covered with bird crap.

Jeff at Iwindsurf e-mailed me last week to say that the sensor had taken a lighting hit and that he needed to change out the sensor electronics. I didn't call him to ask if I could climb up the tower. As yet I haven't received the replacement electronics he said he was sending.

Lets hope for some wind and that the sensor works when it comes...

Regards,
Tim

Unimog Bob
11-26-2010, 06:47 AM
GEEZ. My BAD. I have been reading this wrong the whole time.
Pretty much proof putting in 50 hours of poker in 4 days will totally fry your brain.
I thought this said Skyway, not Egmont.
My bad. Disregard anything I said.