PDA

View Full Version : St Pete Friday 11/3

heemskn
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks like we will have some good wind on the east coast Sat and Sun, but I can't wait, so I will drive over from Orlando to St Pete on Friday. What is a good gulf location for the predicted NW winds on Friday? A spot with waves and maybe a couple of other kiters?

tog0713
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Most all of St. Pete Beach works on NW. Looks like North in the morning which means Pass A Grille beach which runs North/South. As you go into Pass A Grille turn right one street before the first Pass A Grille light coming from the North. Launch at the end of the street or the North end of Pass A Grille Beach.

If NW some do down winders from Compton to the Undertow. I normally don't and on NW I go off Crabby Billies around 50th Street.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Tim

Steve-O
11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
A NW wind lights up all of the west coast with maybe the exception of Sanibel. If you want some good wave action no question north beach in Ft. Desoto park is a great spot. Nice long lines. I am sure other kiters will be hitting it hard.

Central Florida. The perfect playground.

Enjoy

bryanleighty
11-05-2010, 07:33 AM
backside skyway.. I'm hoping to be there around 2..

heemskn
11-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the tips, that worked out great. Nice to meet you Tim and thanks for the launch!

Nick